Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water area - When the player leaves, the splashing noise still plays when on land.
thestormcrow Offline

Threads: 8
Water area - When the player leaves, the splashing noise still plays when on land.

Right, now that I've got my text to post. Sorry about the last couple of threads, I don't know what happened there. Basically when the player first steps in the water area, it keeps playing the splashy noise when they leave. Ive checked the water area isn't overlapping somehow, it isn't. Cant think of any other reason for this?
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2013, 06:51 PM by thestormcrow.)
05-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Water area - When the player leaves, the splashing noise still plays when on land.

Mhmm... The water area and water plane are both not overlapping? That's odd.. I'll leave this to the pros Wink
05-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Water area - When the player leaves, the splashing noise still plays when on land.

In my experience, i play with its height until it works.
Also make sure you don't have duplicates or the player starting inside the water.

05-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Find
thestormcrow Offline

Threads: 8

Hm, strange, it just stopped again... didnt really do anything to it. Guess it was just a random glitch ^^
05-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Okay, Im having the same problem, But instead of Walking out of the area (which solves the problem) I click onto a ladder area from inside of the water area, It takes me out of the water area, and then when stepping off onto land is when the problem occurs. Every step i take sounds like splish splash.

Any Idea's?

01-13-2014, 03:33 AM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Nope, it might stop randomly, too. So just wait for that..
01-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

(01-13-2014, 03:33 AM)WIWWM Wrote: Okay, Im having the same problem, But instead of Walking out of the area (which solves the problem) I click onto a ladder area from inside of the water area, It takes me out of the water area, and then when stepping off onto land is when the problem occurs. Every step i take sounds like splish splash.

Any Idea's?

I had that before. Maybe make the ladder hard to reach, forcing the player to jump for it in order to reach it? You could also just add some platform below the ladder or something.. also make sure that the ladder area isn't inside the water area.

01-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Find