Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What do you when you cannot find the artist of something?
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

In my case I cannot find the original source of an image. All I have to go by is the signature which is two letters "WD".

[Image: Kyq2_Ln_D.jpg]

I'd like to see more from the artist, but I have no idea who made it.

05-02-2013, 06:10 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: What do you when you cannot find the artist of something?

I'd google it. Find out the name of the picture, or just something that is on the picture.
I'd write something like "Artist WD [NAMEOFPICTURE]", and see what i'd get.

Trying is the first step to success.
05-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Reverse google image search?
05-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Find
Hailer Offline

Threads: 0

I'd also use image search. It's surprising how often it finds the same picture but with more information about it (who or what is on it author etc)
05-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Jup. Open the Google image search in a new window, then drag and drop the picture into the search field. (The image you want the artist of, not the signature.)
It works best if you have an internet source for the picture, since it will take the page where you found it into account as well, but you can also upload it from your PC and see if it can find similar pictures or a source. (If you didn't change the name of the picture when you saved it)

Or, just show us the original picture. It might be easier for someone who knows the artist to identify one of his works than the signature...or at least someone could give you keywords to search for, say, if it's a special style like "art nouveau" or "trash polka"...
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013, 12:38 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
05-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I scream mentally.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

(05-02-2013, 07:55 AM)Tiger Wrote: Reverse google image search?

(05-02-2013, 10:50 AM)Hailer Wrote: I'd also use image search. It's surprising how often it finds the same picture but with more information about it (who or what is on it author etc)

(05-02-2013, 12:36 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Jup. Open the Google image search in a new window, then drag and drop the picture into the search field. (The image you want the artist of, not the signature.)
It works best if you have an internet source for the picture, since it will take the page where you found it into account as well, but you can also upload it from your PC and see if it can find similar pictures or a source. (If you didn't change the name of the picture when you saved it)

Or, just show us the original picture. It might be easier for someone who knows the artist to identify one of his works than the signature...or at least someone could give you keywords to search for, say, if it's a special style like "art nouveau" or "trash polka"...

I tried the reverse image before even asking here. The problem is the source image (where I first saw it was an avatar here) was about 100x100 the max size of an avatar on most forums.

Google helped me find the image in 726x584. Wow I feel stupid I just checked the title and it says "artist-[name]". A quick search led me to a blog page where it has works that look similar to it.

Spoiler below!
[Image: rbnN6OO.jpg]

05-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

The artist is WhiteDiamondsLtd on deviantART. 

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
05-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

(05-02-2013, 09:18 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: The artist is WhiteDiamondsLtd on deviantART. 

Ya.

Deviant Art: http://whitediamondsltd.deviantart.com/
Blog: http://ravishingdiamonds.blogspot.com/

05-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Find