Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

About Alan Wake
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
Heart  About Alan Wake

Hey. If you played Alan Wake, what did it felt to you? I felt good. I wrote an review below. It's in Spoiler so non-players won't get spoiled.

Review:
Spoiler below!

I absolutely amazed by this game.
The atmosphere was perfect, not to mention the setting!!
The Light>Dark mechanic was awesome too.
The bonus eps gives insight of what happened to Alan.
The sound, soundtrack, everything was perfect!

9.5/10

The soundtrack is great too.

What do you guys think?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: About Alan Wake

Spoiler below!
There is way too much combat. When I first ran out of ammo near the start of the game, running between light sources trying to avoid enemies was actually a quite enjoyable experience. Then the game started to place too much of an emphasis on combat and avoiding it became annoying because the enemies move faster than you and there are too many of them. Toward the end I actually managed to skip every single encounter, including boss battles because I was getting so frustrated with it. It's not just the overabundance, it's just badly designed IMO. Anyway, the level design, writing, music and everything except for the gameplay was fairly good. The plot could have been more interesting but the way it was told was solid.
05-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

Awesome soundtrack in this game, <3 poets of the fall now...
05-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Spoiler below!
Loved the game. They really nailed the atmosphere, I loved it. The only problem was later in the game, when killing the shadow monsters started getting really... boring. After killing 1,000 shadow people I really wanted to stop playing. The 'haunted' tractors and other big stuff was fun, but made it more feel like I was playing a challenging game, instead of a horror game. I think a horror game or any story driven game should be more about the atmosphere and not about trying to kill hard bosses.

This is just my opinion. Still 8/10
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2013, 02:20 AM by OriginalUsername.)
05-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Spoiler below!

I loved the gameplay, and while the story is really tough to keep track of, I managed to. I'm glad I was able to immerse myself enough otherwise I wouldn't have. I was expecting a horror game, and it turned out to be more of a thriller, but still was pleasing.

I would give it an 8/10. 2 point off because it does seem to be a bit "shooter-based". Would have liked having some more tense puzzles.

(05-04-2013, 06:37 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: Awesome soundtrack in this game, <3 poets of the fall now...

And all of this ^^^^
Easily one of my top favorite bands after I found them in the game.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013, 05:45 AM by Statyk.)
05-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Spoiler below!
I enjoyed the game as well, considering it the best "TV show" i've ever played. The only thing i don't like is that using the end of the light from the flashlight as a cursor i found to be a bit annoying and didn't really get used to it. The battles were a bit monotonous, too, although not really difficult, as i found it easy to keep my flash light from requiring most of the batteries i've picked up. Also, the DLC is boring and grossly mediocre. Great choice in soundtrack, though, and how they made it work with each "episode." I highly recommend the game, but do avoid American Nightmare.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
05-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(05-06-2013, 08:07 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I enjoyed the game as well, considering it the best "TV show" i've ever played. The only thing i don't like is that using the end of the light from the flashlight as a cursor i found to be a bit annoying and didn't really get used to it. The battles were a bit monotonous, too, although not really difficult, as i found it easy to keep my flash light from requiring most of the batteries i've picked up. Also, the DLC is boring and grossly mediocre. Great choice in soundtrack, though, and how they made it work with each "episode." I highly recommend the game, but do avoid American Nightmare.

Spoiler below!

Yeah, AN is really horrible. I mean it's just doing the same things over and over again. It's so annoying.

(05-06-2013, 05:46 PM)Statyk Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I loved the gameplay, and while the story is really tough to keep track of, I managed to. I'm glad I was able to immerse myself enough otherwise I wouldn't have. I was expecting a horror game, and it turned out to be more of a thriller, but still was pleasing.

I would give it an 8/10. 2 point off because it does seem to be a bit "shooter-based". Would have liked having some more tense puzzles.

(05-04-2013, 06:37 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: Awesome soundtrack in this game, <3 poets of the fall now...

And all of this ^^^^
Easily one of my top favorite bands after I found them in the game.
Spoilers brah.

Poets of the Fall are now one of my fav bands. I thought they were incredible.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013, 04:28 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
05-07-2013, 04:27 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Fixed.
05-07-2013, 05:45 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I'd give it a 6.6/10 since I don't think it's quite good enough to be 7.
05-07-2013, 06:13 AM
Find