Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

Dearest Jens/Thomas,

If you have time and are willing/able could you please answer any of the following questions? It's just so I can tighten up the subsections in the Info Portal, so it's not a big deal if you can't be bothered haha. I'm posting this here so that it won't get deleted from the Info Portal thread, which would prevent me from pointing to your reply as evidence of the claims made therein.

1. Do you have even a rough idea of how much the game will cost?

2. Dan mentioned during the Q&A that custom story support was built into the HPL2 engine so custom stories "should" be possible in AAMFP; can you confirm that custom stories will be possible or not?

3. Will there be a commentary track?

4. Dan said that you guys are looking to distribute the game through more channels than any other FG game. Can you confirm any of these for us? Steam is a given Tongue

5. We're assuming that the system requirements will be similar to or slightly higher than the original Amnesia, but are you yet in a position to confirm this?

That's about it! Thanks for your time Heart

Note to my fellow members: I need one of the team to answer these questions before I can update the Info Portal, so please don't try to pre-empt Jens/Thomas by answering on their behalf Wink
06-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I wonder if they're gonna add some historical references like the Tower Bridge, and some.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Hey everyone.

Got into a fight over the phone with my ISP. Haven't been active for the past week because they cut my speed to ~500bytes/sec (I can confirm this with an image xD). Miss anything important? Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
06-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(06-05-2013, 12:22 PM)ROMul8r Wrote: Hey everyone.

Got into a fight over the phone with my ISP. Haven't been active for the past week because they cut my speed to ~500bytes/sec (I can confirm this with an image xD). Miss anything important? Smile

A lot

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(06-05-2013, 09:25 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: I wonder if they're gonna add some historical references like the Tower Bridge, and some.

You can see Hanbury street in one of these new pictures, where Jack The Ripper killed his first victim ^^
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 02:19 PM by Slanderous.)
06-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

1. No more than Amnesia. Maybe less, maybe the same.
2. No cs support.
3. No.
4. No, but there are more stores with agreement in place to have the game for sale if they wish to have it.
5. Requirements will be as much more demanding as the performance of computers have increase for the years that have passed since Amnesia was release. If Amnesia was designed to run well on high-end computers from 2006 and forward, then pig runs well on high-end computers from 2009 and forward.

(06-05-2013, 09:18 AM)Paddy Wrote: Dearest Jens/Thomas,

If you have time and are willing/able could you please answer any of the following questions? It's just so I can tighten up the subsections in the Info Portal, so it's not a big deal if you can't be bothered haha. I'm posting this here so that it won't get deleted from the Info Portal thread, which would prevent me from pointing to your reply as evidence of the claims made therein.

1. Do you have even a rough idea of how much the game will cost?

2. Dan mentioned during the Q&A that custom story support was built into the HPL2 engine so custom stories "should" be possible in AAMFP; can you confirm that custom stories will be possible or not?

3. Will there be a commentary track?

4. Dan said that you guys are looking to distribute the game through more channels than any other FG game. Can you confirm any of these for us? Steam is a given Tongue

5. We're assuming that the system requirements will be similar to or slightly higher than the original Amnesia, but are you yet in a position to confirm this?

That's about it! Thanks for your time Heart

Note to my fellow members: I need one of the team to answer these questions before I can update the Info Portal, so please don't try to pre-empt Jens/Thomas by answering on their behalf Wink
06-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(06-05-2013, 03:02 PM)jens Wrote: 2. No cs support.
Uh oh, there's going to be some very upset people popping up very soon I'd assume...

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(06-05-2013, 03:03 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(06-05-2013, 03:02 PM)jens Wrote: 2. No cs support.
Uh oh, there's going to be some very upset people popping up very soon I'd assume...

I was just thinking the exact same thing - many people love creating custom stories for ATDD and I understand that it's one of the things that has driven sales for the game; no custom story support in AAMFP is going to raise the hackles of many I think.
06-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

Say what? No CS support????

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
06-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Website Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Jens, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I'll leave it to the other members to hound you about the shocking answer to question 2 haha.
06-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Find