Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

(06-21-2013, 08:00 AM)WIWWM Wrote:
(06-21-2013, 07:25 AM)Clord Wrote: Sure lacking ability to do custom stories would not matter for a most people who are going to play the sequel but we still gotta remember that it was the reason why Youtube made the series so popular in the first place. It would be silly to remove that feature considering that game is built upon the previous one in the series which still allows to do custom stories and in a sense is better value by that way.

Okay think about this guys.

We wanted penumbra in our custom stories, so we converted them over.
We wanted special things in our custom stories, so we made Full Conversion's

If we want entities and static objects from AAMFP we will convert them! If we want some special feature that the 2.5 HPL engine offers, We will find a workaround with script!

We are the frictional games community and we don't need no easy way out!!

Although it would be nice....

I highly doubt AAMFP's new assets will work in HPL2 because they were made in 3DS MAX, HPL2 doesn't like 3DS MAX so TCR got an edited version called HPL2.5 so 3DS MAX could work with it. I had plans to make something quite amazing with HPL2.5 because I use MAX and of course they won't release it... Great. -_-
06-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

I'm not so sure it's a matter of time/resources. In a 2012 blog post Thomas said that the original game's CS support was a last-minute, tacked-on feature. If that's the case it can't have taken THAT much time/money to make it work. The fact that the HPL2 engine was built with CS support already integrated into it before AAMFP came into being suggests there might have been a technical reason for removing the feature from HPL2.5. Maybe whatever the development team wanted to do required some adjustments to the code which, as a by-product, encroached on the stability of the CS system.

Click here to read the blog post in question. The following paragraph is with reference to CS support:

Thomas Wrote:When we created the possibility of custom stories, it was something we thought of very late and I think Luis implemented it in less than a day. We put a few days on adding documentation our wiki as well, but all in all, it was a tiny effort compared to the rest of the game.

A single team member managed to implement CS support in less than a day, and he did it nearly 3 years ago.

On the same topic Thomas also said:

Thoma Wrote:It is quite clear that allowing users to create content is a feature worth putting time into.

Someone needs to remind that boy of his own words! Tongue
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2013, 05:08 PM by Paddy™.)
06-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

They had got to be trolling when they said that there wouldn't be any CS support.

This just goes against anything rational not to put CS support in AAMFP.

06-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Find
fancreeper Offline

Threads: 3

I just think Jens was ironic when he answered that question.That day he answered 3 questions with NO.He must be...Right?

Steam ID: fancreeper
06-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Or maybe he was drunk/high because of all the celebrating of the completion of AAMFP.

Or perhaps he was just tired of everyone asking those questions and decided to give an answer that would shut us up.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2013, 07:28 PM by GrAVit.)
06-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(06-21-2013, 07:28 PM)GrAVit Wrote: Or maybe he was drunk/high because of all the celebrating of the completion of AAMFP.

Or perhaps he was just tired of everyone asking those questions and decided to give an answer that would shut us up.

He couldn't possibly have failed more in that case. Had he said: "CSs will be supported" maybe 10-15 people would have said "awesome" and the rest wouldn't even have thought about it. But this is now a controversial issue that basically every modder is opposing or at least questioning.
06-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

On the other hand, I suppose it'll still be technically possible to create FCs...
06-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Find
fancreeper Offline

(06-21-2013, 07:28 PM)GrAVit Wrote: Or maybe he was drunk/high because of all the celebrating of the completion of AAMFP.

Maybe he just said it so we can talk about something....

Steam ID: fancreeper
06-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Find
dannyboyschill Offline

I can't believe that this game got delayed

"If the darkness is within you, you can't kill it, but you can control it -
Daniel Schill
06-22-2013, 12:07 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(06-22-2013, 12:07 AM)dannyboyschill Wrote: I can't believe that this game got delayed

Danny... iz ddat uu??

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
06-22-2013, 04:12 AM
Find