Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New problems with graphics in-game. Searched for solution come up empty. PLEASE HELP
Ravenhart Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago New problems with graphics in-game. Searched for solution come up empty. PLEASE HELP

Game starts as it usually does but all graphics and textures are blocky and look like shitty clay models. Gameplay is smooth as ever and objects and items respond properly its just the textures seem to not be loading correctly. I've tried every possible fix i can find even reinstalled twice. NOTHING!!!! I use Intel HD graphics and have had no issues until now. My drivers are all up to date so don't give me that line. The only connection i can place is that this issue only happened when i got a few new CSs from Moddb but usually i have no issues. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS DEPRESSING!!!
05-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: New problems with graphics in-game. Searched for solution come up empty. PLEASE HELP

attach hpl.log as mentioned at the troubleshooting guide, problem x after the problem occurs
05-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Find
Ravenhart Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago New problems with graphics in-game. Searched for solution come up empty. PLEASE HELP

Game starts as it usually does but all graphics and textures are blocky and look like shitty clay models. Gameplay is smooth as ever and objects and items respond properly its just the textures seem to not be loading correctly. I've tried every possible fix i can find even reinstalled twice. NOTHING!!!! I use Intel HD graphics and have had no issues until now. My drivers are all up to date so don't give me that line. The only connection i can place is that this issue only happened when i got a few new CSs from Moddb but usually i have no issues. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS DEPRESSING!!!

HPL.LOG attached

PS: It'd really help if you could help resolve this issue withing the next few hours. You'll be saving my livestream! Thanks again.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.18 KB / Downloads: 95)
05-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Website Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: New problems with graphics in-game. Searched for solution come up empty. PLEASE HELP

Try the have disk method. Cheers

05-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Website Find
Ravenhart Offline

Sorry but that's not it. Keep trying. Here's a video to see for yourself what i mean.
http://www.twitch.tv/ravenhart007/b/399551211
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013, 10:54 PM by Ravenhart.)
05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Website Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Where did you get the game from?

05-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Website Find
Ravenhart Offline

Its retail, not steam.
05-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Website Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

alright, try restarting the game and increasing some of the settings including:

1) Resolution
2) Texture quality
3) Possibly try turning on Edge Smooth

05-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Website Find
Ravenhart Offline

I'm no noob to this game. I play with everything down as far as it can go and usually it doesn't look like this. This is a RECENT occurance. As i walk through areas textures of floors, doors, decor all seem to only have any detail when i am standing close as if they won't load until in close proximity. I'm sure its a serious problem with the game itself or perhaps another program's installation/settings which have lead to this. Keep giving me suggestions please tho! I'M DESPERATE!

PHEW!!! it was my 3d settings! FIXED!!!! thanks a whole bunch tho! I appreciate your time and effort. I'll be sure to come back if any other issues arise. Wink
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013, 11:35 PM by Ravenhart.)
05-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Website Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Sounds good. Have fun playing and good luck with the livestream Big Grin

05-05-2013, 02:03 AM
Website Find