Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My First Custom Story!
xMixalis99 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: My First Custom Story!

Can anyone help me how to make notes in a custom story please?I am creating a custom story for a friend and i don't know in which file to put the note

Can anyone help me how to make notse in a custom story please?I am creating a custom story for a friend and i don't know in which file to put the note
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013, 12:11 AM by xMixalis99.)
05-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(05-07-2013, 03:45 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(05-06-2013, 12:18 PM)Smoke Wrote: Really? Have you even looked at the posts above? All you seem to see is "Ugh your map is bad" and "I'm not going to pay for that" There is some criticism there. Go look for it.

Honestly, I don't see it. All I see are requests from members to have the creator zip up all the files and distribute the CS properly. You guys CAN download files individually for free from mediafire, but as others have stated, putting everything into a folder then zipping it up and uploading is the correct way for the creator to do it. There is no criticism because no one has played it (to my knowledge...)

"Even if you fixed your map, put some time in your thread layout. Just some text and a download link won't do. You have to add a title, story, screenshots, changelogs, download link, etc. This just won't do.

Just invest more time in the map/scripting and your thread and people might become a little interested."

Smile

(05-08-2013, 12:10 AM)xMixalis99 Wrote: Can anyone help me how to make notes in a custom story please?I am creating a custom story for a friend and i don't know in which file to put the note

First: Wrong section. You have to go to the development support for this.

Second: You need to create a category and entry in the .lang file.
<CATEGORY Name="Notes">
   <Entry Name="Note_Note1_Name">Name of your note</Entry>
   <Entry Name="Note_Note1_Text">Text of your note</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

after that, you just need to name your note right in the editor and direct the right category and entry to it. There are several tutorials on youtube if you still don't understand Wink
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2013, 12:36 AM by OriginalUsername.)
05-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Find
Plank Offline

Threads: 1

you need to put more time into your custom story some people work for months not for an afternoon

does everything taste like chicken or
does chicken taste like everything?
06-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Stop comparing it to others' work. That's not what this guy intended to do. This was his test at map-making, and decided to share it publicly. DO NOT expect a 5 star CS. The judgement on this is unfair and poor. Simply do not install it, and do not expect anything amazing out of it if you do.
06-28-2013, 01:44 AM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

Statyk.

Well said.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
06-28-2013, 01:48 AM
Find
gruzz Offline

Threads: 24

Also i found a glitch on the ceiling:
[Image: glitch.JPG]

Also, it did not happen anything on this map, it was just some creepy darkness, that was taken away by the lantern! Tongue

Also, add a 'extra_english.lang' file and write some code in the "Mansion infection.hps"

1/5 stars ..
06-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Find