Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Voice Actors' Guild
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
Voice Actors' Guild

I've noticed there are quite a lot of threads where modders request voice actors and voice actors request projects, and in some cases they post in topics for old projects that may have been scrapped. I think if we had a thread where people can post their makeshift resumes, so that people looking for voice talents have a convenient place they can check, it would make the process much more efficient. That way we don't have dozens of "looking for" threads plus both parties stand a higher chance of getting what they want.

What do you guys think?

If you wish for your name to be added please fill out this little "resume" and it will be added to a list in the first post.

Blank resume

Name:
Sex:
Vocal range:
Country of residence:

Background:

Previous work:

Preferred roles:

Voice samples:

Contact information:

Anything extra you wish to add:

Voice actors
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2015, 04:24 AM by Bridge.)
05-10-2013, 01:14 AM
Find
Tomato Cat Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Voice Actors' Guild

Sounds good. It's always nice to consolidate everything in one spot.
05-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3

This concept was either discussed or attempted before, so I would recommend asking a moderator if such a thread could be stickied. It would also be useful to discuss what one would include in the "resumes" besides contact and a link to a sample.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
05-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(05-10-2013, 03:36 AM)Miss Rigi Wrote: This concept was either discussed or attempted before, so I would recommend asking a moderator if such a thread could be stickied. It would also be useful to discuss what one would include in the "resumes" besides contact and a link to a sample.

I did a cursory search for such a thread and could not find anything recent. Do you remember if there was any particular reason it did not catch on? I don't see any reason why having a directory of this kind could be a bad thing. Also, I think some general info about what roles you'd prefer, contact info and a sample should be sufficient.
05-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(05-10-2013, 02:39 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(05-10-2013, 03:36 AM)Miss Rigi Wrote: This concept was either discussed or attempted before, so I would recommend asking a moderator if such a thread could be stickied. It would also be useful to discuss what one would include in the "resumes" besides contact and a link to a sample.

I did a cursory search for such a thread and could not find anything recent. Do you remember if there was any particular reason it did not catch on? I don't see any reason why having a directory of this kind could be a bad thing. Also, I think some general info about what roles you'd prefer, contact info and a sample should be sufficient.

How about this? Just an example

Spoiler below!

Name: John Smith
Sex: Male
Current Location: England (for accent or such purposes)

Background: My name is John, and I have adored voice acting since I was a young lad. I had performed in puppet shows and one day did some experimenting as a guest star on Playskool. I'm known to have a relatively deep voice, but strong English accent to go with.

Previous work:
- Voice acted in <custom story name>
- Voice of Jerry Jackson in <title>

Voice acting preferences:
- Flashback character

Voice Samples:
- Soundcloud: <soundcloud link>
- Youtube: <youtube link>

- FG Forum personal chat
- Steam: MySteamID - <steamlink>

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013, 03:05 PM by Romulator.)
05-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(05-10-2013, 03:03 PM)ROMul8r Wrote:
(05-10-2013, 02:39 PM)Bridge Wrote:

How about this? Just an example

Spoiler below!

Name: John Smith
Sex: Male
Current Location: England (for accent or such purposes)

Background: My name is John, and I have adored voice acting since I was a young lad. I had performed in puppet shows and one day did some experimenting as a guest star on Playskool. I'm known to have a relatively deep voice, but strong English accent to go with.

Previous work:
- Voice acted in <custom story name>
- Voice of Jerry Jackson in <title>

Voice acting preferences:
- Flashback character

Voice Samples:
- Soundcloud: <soundcloud link>
- Youtube: <youtube link>

- FG Forum personal chat
- Steam: MySteamID - <steamlink>

Yes, I think that would be just fine. Then a summary could be compiled and placed in the first post, as such:
  • John Smith - 22, male, England

Making it much simpler to find the type of voice you want and quickly survey your options.

EDIT: With a link to the post - of course.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013, 03:26 PM by Bridge.)
05-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Looking good, no more threads from people who are looking for voice actors. Are you going to turn this thread in that list or are you going to make another thread?
05-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(05-10-2013, 03:32 PM)Smoke Wrote: Looking good, no more threads from people who are looking for voice actors. Are you going to turn this thread in that list or are you going to make another thread?

Well if people start using this thread I would probably just use this one instead of creating a new one, but Miss Rigi mentioned that there might be some other topics similar to this one that could be stickied.
05-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Find
vixenVIPER Offline

Threads: 1

I would love for something like this to be around for people to use! Go go go.

[Image: rp74RQr.png]
05-11-2013, 01:34 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Captain sexy reporting in, I aprove. Set up something decent out of this and I'll sticky it right away.
05-11-2013, 02:25 AM
Find