Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Let's Plays of Amnesia ..... a question for the mods
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8
Let's Plays of Amnesia ..... a question for the mods

Does one of the mods here have something against LPs of Amnesia The Dark Descent? First the topic cropped up in the AAMFP thread and all posts were summarily deleted (fair enough as it was OT) - but why not move them instead of simply deleting them? There was some useful info in there.

So I created a new thread just for LPs in the General area - for some reason this was moved to the Custom Stories, TCs and Mods area. Why? Such a thread really belongs in the General area.

Now even that thread has vanished.

Might I ask WHY???

Is this thread also going to vanish in a puff of smoke?

Perhaps I too will disappear?

Time will tell ..........
05-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: Let's Plays of Amnesia ..... a question for the mods

You seem upset.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
05-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(05-10-2013, 06:51 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Are you blind?

As far as I understand, that thread is for people who want to advertise THEIR OWN let's plays. Ossie's thread intended to be a compilation of the best LPs. Some people actually found it useful.

But yes, some mods here do work in mysterious ways. Closing the thread with a justification would have been more friendly than just making it vanish.

05-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(05-10-2013, 06:50 PM)Ossie Wrote: So I created a new thread just for LPs in the General area - for some reason this was moved to the Custom Stories, TCs and Mods area. Why? Such a thread really belongs in the General area.

The Custom Stories, TCs & Mods forum concern users who play custom stories. Could you have proven to me that the topic was going to include "Youtubers" who play only the campaign?

Also, this thread belongs in the off-topic forum.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
05-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-10-2013, 06:51 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Are you blind?

I've said it once and I'll say it again: That thread should be a global sticky. At the very least it should be a sticky in General Discussion. Custom stories and LPs are not necessarily related - and there is certainly no logical reason to go there to look for an LP advertisement thread. It just baffles me that the mods are still surprised people advertise their LPs here.

(05-10-2013, 08:05 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(05-10-2013, 06:50 PM)Ossie Wrote: So I created a new thread just for LPs in the General area - for some reason this was moved to the Custom Stories, TCs and Mods area. Why? Such a thread really belongs in the General area.

The Custom Stories, TCs & Mods forum concern users who play custom stories. Could you have proven to me that the topic was going to include "Youtubers" who play only the campaign?

Also, this thread belongs in the off-topic forum.

What? Why does he need to "prove" that people would only post LPs of the campaign? Apart from that being an arbitrary and rather useless distinction, there being a few LPs of custom stories does not mean that the entire topic suddenly pertains only to custom stories.

And what is your rationale for moving this to off-topic? This clearly pertains to Amnesia.

(05-10-2013, 08:09 PM)Your Computer Wrote: If custom stories and LPs aren't necessarily related, then neither is Amnesia and LPs. Therefore it wouldn't fit in the general discussion area either but the off-topic section.

Are you joking? LPs of Amnesia are LPs of Amnesia. Furthermore, LPs of Amnesia are not necessarily LPs of Amnesia custom stories. It's not exactly difficult to comprehend. Off-topic is for stuff that is not related to Amnesia. If you want to be so nitpicky as to say that LPs are not related to Amnesia, then technically you can say that discussion has nothing to do with it. Ergo, this entire forum should be moved to off-topic - right?
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM by Bridge.)
05-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(05-10-2013, 08:06 PM)Bridge Wrote: I've said it once and I'll say it again: That thread should be a global sticky. At the very least it should be a sticky in General Discussion. Custom stories and LPs are not necessarily related - and there is certainly no logical reason to go there to look for an LP advertisement thread. It just baffles me that the mods are still surprised people advertise their LPs here.

If custom stories and LPs aren't necessarily related, then neither is Amnesia and LPs. Therefore it wouldn't fit in the general discussion area either but the off-topic section.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013, 08:09 PM by Your Computer.)
05-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Put simply:

[Image: ezg7ma.png]

What kind of sense does that make?

EDIT: Small correction, the last part, "… here?", is questioning the decision to place LPs in off-topic, not supporting it. You get the idea.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013, 08:25 PM by Bridge.)
05-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(05-10-2013, 08:23 PM)Bridge Wrote: What kind of sense does that make?

EDIT: Small correction, the last part, "… here?", is questioning the decision to place LPs in off-topic, not supporting it. You get the idea.

The forum structure discussion by us mods is not represented by the image.

05-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

I'm responsible for removing that thread.

We do not alow for lets players to advertise their lets plays around the forums, and I do not find it fair if other users are alowed to advertise it for them.

Normally I'd just close the thread, however that entire thread consisted of links to lets play channels.

If the lets players themselves can't do it, it wouldn't make sense to let other players do it either.
05-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

So I'm guessing by the lack of a LP sub-forum that that petition idea never took off?

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
05-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Find