Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Work in progress Frozen Spirits IFC
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Frozen Spirits IFC

EDIT - Previsously screenshots

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2013, 06:44 PM by 7heDubz.)
06-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Pretty nice, but you'll have to work on the details a bit more.. The light rays are unnaturally bright, and the hallways are really clean. There'll be dust, cobwebs, little stones, carpets, decoration, etc.
Just add more details and it'll look a lot better
06-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

(06-12-2013, 02:01 PM)Smoke Wrote: Pretty nice, but you'll have to work on the details a bit more.. The light rays are unnaturally bright, and the hallways are really clean. There'll be dust, cobwebs, little stones, carpets, decoration, etc.
Just add more details and it'll look a lot better

Danke!

On that right now was just trying to get out something for people to look at.

06-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

idea on to the Plotline.
Spoiler below!
Looking for adventure hooks here! take a look at the spoiler if you have any good idea's and please keep highly generic and cliche's that wouldnt fit into the storyline to yourself thanks!

As Xavier explores the castle mainly trying to get the gas and electricity back on so as not to freeze.
The below is a spoiler that also has a request for help inside of it. Please read only if you would like to help with the creation and dont mind a little spoiler. this poiler doesnt ruin alot of the story but it still ruins some of the surprise.
[spoiler] However during this he hears whispers about, and then see's a ghost (IF i can get a model for it if not he just hears the ghost speak to him), the ghost then talks to him and tells him a cryptic tale about how the castle holds a dark and chilling secret. Something to do with murder and tyrants being taken from power by means of force.

Looking for a bit of help here, i want this part to be sort of poetic whilst still being cryptic... Im not to good at poetry im sure i could end up comming up with something but, I'd still like something better then what i can come up with!
It should give the character a reason of exploring the castle im not yet sure of this adventure hook yet however.

EDIT - Editing the last part adventure hook has been found and somone for the whole cryptic speaking thing has been found.

As Xavier (now referred to as the player) explores the castle mainly trying to get the gas and electricity back on so as not to freeze.
He finds pages to a book which tell a chilling yet grabbing story, and as he explores the castle to find more pages to the book explaining more and more about the TRUE history of the castle. And in the depths of the basement lies the final answer, the final solution, the final page to the books terrible story.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2013, 04:54 PM by 7heDubz.)
06-14-2013, 03:38 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(06-14-2013, 03:38 AM)WIWWM Wrote: Addition on to the Plotline.
Looking for adventure hooks here! take a look at the spoiler if you have any good idea's and please keep highly generic and cliche's that wouldnt fit into the storyline to yourself thanks!

As Xavier (now referred to as the player) explores the castle mainly trying to get the gas and electricity back on so as not to freeze.
The below is a spoiler that also has a request for help inside of it. Please read only if you would like to help with the creation and dont mind a little spoiler. this poiler doesnt ruin alot of the story but it still ruins some of the surprise.
Spoiler below!
However during this he hears whispers about, and then see's a ghost (IF i can get a model for it if not he just hears the ghost speak to him), the ghost then talks to him and tells him a cryptic tale about how the castle holds a dark and chilling secret. Something to do with murder and tyrants being taken from power by means of force.

Looking for a bit of help here, i want this part to be sort of poetic whilst still being cryptic... Im not to good at poetry im sure i could end up comming up with something but, I'd still like something better then what i can come up with!
It should give the character a reason of exploring the castle im not yet sure of this adventure hook yet however.

Spoiler below!

You could try to make the whispers at a corridor somewhere than make the Player to see the ghost walking. Then he runs to find the ghost.

The rest is up to you.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-14-2013, 04:55 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

(06-14-2013, 04:55 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(06-14-2013, 03:38 AM)WIWWM Wrote: Addition on to the Plotline.

Spoiler below!
However during this he hears whispers about, and then see's a ghost (IF i can get a model for it if not he just hears the ghost speak to him), the ghost then talks to him and tells him a cryptic tale about how the castle holds a dark and chilling secret. Something to do with murder and tyrants being taken from power by means of force.

Spoiler below!

You could try to make the whispers at a corridor somewhere than make the Player to see the ghost walking. Then he runs to find the ghost.

The rest is up to you.

I like this idea... i could just use a monster and change the .ent file as well put a bunch of ghostly billborads on him.. thanks for the idea!

Also i Edited the previous Addition to say other things i have somone for the cryptic speaking ^^

06-14-2013, 05:08 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

WIWWM, any luck with the ghost? If not, you could try attaching a point billboard and a light to the water monster. I did something slightly similar a while ago. It's just a matter of changing or removing the particle systems used for the water monster so there's no random splashing on the floor.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
06-17-2013, 02:53 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

(06-17-2013, 02:53 AM)Kiandra Wrote: WIWWM, any luck with the ghost? If not, you could try attaching a point billboard and a light to the water monster. I did something slightly similar a while ago. It's just a matter of changing or removing the particle systems used for the water monster so there's no random splashing on the floor.

Oooh good idea, although i may not go too heavily on the ghost story bit. ive come up witha greater explanation and the story concept has gone under some heavy changes. Although there will still be a ghost, you may just not see it itself.

More Screenshots of the entrance posted up. Just click the one link to dropbox to view them all

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013, 04:02 AM by 7heDubz.)
06-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

I am glad to announce that there will end up having all custom music in Frozen Spirits.
This is all thanks to Bridge and his amazing self!

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013, 04:15 AM by 7heDubz.)
06-20-2013, 04:10 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Looking for german translator for sign's in the game. Just some phrases that i'd like to know what would best fit not for the whole game ( as i have no real script yet although it is in progress). Google translate can be used (and is being used as of now) in lieu of finding a german translator for the signs.

06-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Find