Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Xbox one
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Xbox one

The launch titles on both consoles are poor. Safer waiting. I think we can all agree PS3 won for exclusives, anything can happen this time though. With that said, PS4 does seem to be a GAMING machine through and through whereas X1 is an all round entertainment machine.

I hear Gaikai will offer backwards compatibility on the PS4, nothing from X1 that i've heard though.

I think the 360 and PS3 have had their hardware stretched out as far is it can go. Look at GTA V. If you're happy to stay at the level of last gen thats fine, but tech is moving on. However I do think that the leap from the new gen to the old gen was much slimmer than the previous jump.

I am very skeptical towards consoles after discovering PC. The hardware put into consoles is already out of date. Console developers have shown they're good at manipulating the hardware to last a while in the past, unsure if that will remain the same this gen.

My verdict: If you are a very serious gamer that has a fair amount of money then build an awesome PC. I built mine 2 years ago and I have to update mine (RAM, GPU, PSU etc.) should cost me less than a console. Apparently games for the next gen are more expensive too? So the money could balance out in the long run. You spend a lot to build the base, but once you have that it will last a long time.

Wait for more games to come out otherwise... Looking back at last gen, the early titles upon release were quite shit and this doesn't seem much different.

[Image: luv.gif]
11-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Xbox one

(11-26-2013, 06:15 PM)Wooderson Wrote: I am very skeptical towards consoles after discovering PC. The hardware put into consoles is already out of date. Console developers have shown they're good at manipulating the hardware to last a while in the past, unsure if that will remain the same this gen.

My verdict: If you are a very serious gamer that has a fair amount of money then build an awesome PC. I built mine 2 years ago and I have to update mine (RAM, GPU, PSU etc.) should cost me less than a console. Apparently games for the next gen are more expensive too? So the money could balance out in the long run. You spend a lot to build the base, but once you have that it will last a long time.

Well still keep in mind that some people will prefer to have a much more convenient, and simple gaming experience without having to tinker around with all the configurations, and/or worrying about various system requirements on a PC. On a console they can basically plug in, and play no questions asked almost a lot of the time.

The experience on PC I have to say is much better, but requires much more effort to enjoy fully, and some people's personal preferences would rather choose a convenient (And slightly cheaper) route with consoles.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Find