Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Stephen Kings "The Man in the Black Suit" or Slenderman meme
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
Stephen Kings "The Man in the Black Suit" or Slenderman meme

Basically, the whole Slenderman meme is just a rephrase (or simply plagiarism) of the great Stephen King shorty called The Man In The Black Suit issued at 1994. Here's a link to the Wiki page where anyone can read the plot summary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_Black_Suit Anyhow, that "man in the black suit" is nearly the same as that Slenderman. The only difference is that King's tall-man is a lot more frightening, because he is usual, normal, just an unusually tall man... who prefers to eat children. And if I'd be doin' Slenderman theme game I'd doin' it somehow similar to Stephen King's that short story. There's just a forest and a tall-man, who is very hungry and wants to eat you. No f**king pages, no f**king darkness, no scary sounds, everything as calm and normal as could be. Shiny day, gorgeous forest, river full of fish, birds are singing, wind is fingering the leaves, etc. Even the tall-man is normal, just too tall. And it's too late when you realize that the tall-man you just met wants to eat you alive. And the only thing you can do is run and hide, mostly run as hell. Short and effective. I presume.

If there's anyone who have read Stephen Kings "The Man in the Black Suit" than that's somehing that is interesting to discuss. I mean "The Man in the Black Suit" vs. "Slender the Arrival" or just Slenderman poppy-sloppy meme.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 01:12 AM by Alex Ros.)
05-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Website Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3
RE: How to make Slender the Arrival a satisfying game

(05-23-2013, 09:23 PM)n0b0dY Wrote: But I think the people here are clever enough to understand by themselves what, why and what for.

Except when they disagree with you. Wink

There are people who were engaged by the things you suggest to remove. Argument your suggestions, otherwise it's just your personal opinion and there's nothing to discuss. Undecided

EDIT: holy shit, you're Alex Ross. Big Grin

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM by MyRedNeptune.)
05-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: How to make Slender the Arrival a satisfying game

i'm going to be honest, Slenderman the Arrival was utterly boring to me.. then again that's just me

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
05-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Stephen Kings "The Man in the Black Suit" or Slenderman meme

The sequel.

Stephen kings : The men in black.

Gotta say I agree with this, Slenderman has always been rather silly~
05-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Stephen Kings "The Man in the Black Suit" or Slenderman meme

(05-23-2013, 09:34 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: EDIT: holy shit, you're Alex Ross. Big Grin

Oh my god, it's true!

Hi there, Alex, it's really nice to have you back! You disappeared for a good time, dude. I thought you left.

Anyways, I find the Slender thing effective for the first time you play the game and when you have no idea what's him. I don't personally care much about the other things: And what you said about the sun, I'm not agree. The darkness is something we ALL fear inside, even if we think we don't fear it. It's a natural instinct.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
05-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Find