Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brute head?
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
brute head?

How hard would it be to make an entity that's just the head of a brute, from the neck up? And how would I go about doing this?

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
05-24-2013, 06:04 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: brute head?

If I were you, I would delete the bones (don't do this unless you want animations) from the .dae file, delete the faces from the neck down, then export it.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-24-2013, 06:39 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

I'm not sure how I would go about doing that. I'm assuming I need one of those blender programs but I'm trying to get this custom story done (been working on it for like 3 months now) so learning a new program just for one scare isn't something I would want to do right now. I downloaded blender but it took me like 10 minutes just to figure out how to import the brute. Figuring out how to do the rest would take me a while. I think I will keep the program and learn it after I'm done with this CS though since I bet that would allow me to do more stuff than I can do right now. Thanks though.

05-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(05-24-2013, 06:57 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: I'm not sure how I would go about doing that. I'm assuming I need one of those blender programs but I'm trying to get this custom story done (been working on it for like 3 months now) so learning a new program just for one scare isn't something I would want to do right now. I downloaded blender but it took me like 10 minutes just to figure out how to import the brute. Figuring out how to do the rest would take me a while. I think I will keep the program and learn it after I'm done with this CS though since I bet that would allow me to do more stuff than I can do right now. Thanks though.

Really? You can do this with Blender, Maya, and 3DS Max. Although 3ds Max makes importing .dae files to Amnesia really hard.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
05-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

I just don't know what I would do to delete the "bones" and "faces" I'm not even sure what those are. When I import the brute I just get a gray brute-shaped thing (which I'm assuming is what all meshes look like before the material image is wrapped around them) and left clicking on it just puts a crosshair looking thing wherever I clicked, and right clicking just selects the whole thing. I'm bombarded with like 50 various icons and dialogue boxes but I can't find anything called "faces" or "bones"

Like I said, it's not that I'm unwilling to learn, I just don't think it would be worth postponing work on the CS itself just for the sake of 1 scare (A scare that I could probably accomplish just as well with Agrippa's head, just thought the brute's head fit the scare better)

Learning both the HPL editor, Model Editor and scripting has been hard enough. I'll keep messing around with blender though. Maybe it'll click for me. I'll see if I can find some tutorials specifically about faces and bones.

05-24-2013, 07:13 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(05-24-2013, 07:13 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: I just don't know what I would do to delete the "bones" and "faces" I'm not even sure what those are. When I import the brute I just get a gray brute-shaped thing (which I'm assuming is what all meshes look like before the material image is wrapped around them) and left clicking on it just puts a crosshair looking thing wherever I clicked, and right clicking just selects the whole thing. I'm bombarded with like 50 various icons and dialogue boxes but I can't find anything called "faces" or "bones"

Like I said, it's not that I'm unwilling to learn, I just don't think it would be worth postponing work on the CS itself just for the sake of 1 scare (A scare that I could probably accomplish just as well with Agrippa's head, just thought the brute's head fit the scare better)

Learning both the HPL editor, Model Editor and scripting has been hard enough. I'll keep messing around with blender though. Maybe it'll click for me. I'll see if I can find some tutorials specifically about faces and bones.
What is the name of your custom story?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
05-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(05-24-2013, 07:21 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 07:13 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: I just don't know what I would do to delete the "bones" and "faces" I'm not even sure what those are. When I import the brute I just get a gray brute-shaped thing (which I'm assuming is what all meshes look like before the material image is wrapped around them) and left clicking on it just puts a crosshair looking thing wherever I clicked, and right clicking just selects the whole thing. I'm bombarded with like 50 various icons and dialogue boxes but I can't find anything called "faces" or "bones"

What is the name of your custom story?
It's a longer, more detailed version of the story I put on here a few months ago, A Late Night Drink.

EDIT: Alright, after watching some tutorials I managed to delete the bones and the faces up to the neck. However once I export it and try to open it with Model Editor, it crashes.

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2013, 07:40 AM by DeAngelo.)
05-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

[Image: 1ph252.jpg]

Is this what you want?

EDIT: Oops, didn't see ya there. Can you just gave me the model? It's really hard.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2013, 07:48 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
05-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(05-24-2013, 07:47 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [Image: 1ph252.jpg]

Is this what you want?

EDIT: Oops, didn't see ya there. Can you just gave me the model? It's really hard.

Here's the file I exported, though oddly when I re-import it into blender there's some other junk on the floor that wasn't there before. I have no idea how this thing works.

Attached Files
.rar   servant_brute.rar (Size: 28.5 KB / Downloads: 109)

05-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

All done! If there's a collision issue or texture issue, just give me a PM. Note that I've tried my best here.
Anyway, here's the link.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
05-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Find