Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games similar to Amnesia&Penumbra?
drachehexe Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Games similar to Amnesia&Penumbra?

He was just asking for games like Amnesia. Anna is like Amnesia, a first person, not-combat, horror game. And Anna, to me, is worth playing despite its flaws.

And to argue your point: yes, Amnesia's puzzles made sense, but so much sense they were incredibly easy to figure out. While I wouldn't suggest that Anna's puzzle style is the answer (as you say some are ridiculous) sometimes the best puzzles are ones that require an expanded thought process.

Amnesia is tier 1, top notch, atmospheric, Lovecraftian horror game. But it also an entry level adventure game, but I don't think he was asking for games that were necessarily as easy as Amnesia, just atmospheric horror games that had little to no combat. Anna fits that.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 03:12 AM by drachehexe.)
06-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Games similar to Amnesia&Penumbra?

That Anna game looked great....

(06-03-2013, 10:33 PM)Prelauncher Wrote:
Spoiler below!
put branches in holes in the wall and burn them? Pour sawdust on the water? Stab a picture? Put leafs all over the walls? Start the game by making an eye-shaped mirror and a cone?
The puzzles in Anna were bad, really bad.

Until I read that =\ I hate those kind of puzzles.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 04:59 AM by pinkribbonscars.)
06-04-2013, 04:59 AM
Find