Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Game Suggestion Thread
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: The Game Suggestion Thread

(05-27-2013, 06:26 PM)Chronofluff Wrote: Cheesy JRPGs are actually a guilty pleasure of mine. Of course, I was exaggerating when I said that I wanted to facepalm at the game. I'm much more enticed by the possibility of the game having a good story, which was characteristic of some JRPGs back in the early 1990's or SNES era. Having been entranced by classics such as Chrono Trigger and the old FF games, I am forever doomed to follow this industry in the vain hopes that they will release another ground-breaking game, only to have those hopes crushed when shit like FF13 come out.

Have you played Secrets Of Mana?

I just know I'm gonna get hate for that one.
06-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(06-03-2013, 06:57 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(05-27-2013, 06:26 PM)Chronofluff Wrote: Cheesy JRPGs are actually a guilty pleasure of mine. Of course, I was exaggerating when I said that I wanted to facepalm at the game. I'm much more enticed by the possibility of the game having a good story, which was characteristic of some JRPGs back in the early 1990's or SNES era. Having been entranced by classics such as Chrono Trigger and the old FF games, I am forever doomed to follow this industry in the vain hopes that they will release another ground-breaking game, only to have those hopes crushed when shit like FF13 come out.

Have you played Secrets Of Mana?

I just know I'm gonna get hate for that one.
Yes I have

It was an OK game, good for coop but I'm forever alone

[Image: p229xcq]
06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Find
alphachurch
Unregistered

(05-26-2013, 10:13 PM)Bridge Wrote: Great idea.

Doesn't get much more gothic than Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. In fact, it fits all three of your criteria: RPG, horror and adventure. It's a great game. Other than that if you don't mind isometric Planescape: Torment and Fallout are both quite dark. Maybe check out the Thief series if you haven't played them, though they're not RPGs they have a ton of lore and are just excellent.

EDIT: I'm looking for a quality stealth game. I've played almost every stealth game there is, even the ones that just barely pass for stealth, so don't bother recommending the well-known ones like Splinter Cell and Thief. I'm not interested in 2D games but if you have any good isometric games like Jagged Alliance that are stealth based that's something I haven't looked into that much. But mainly 3rd person and 1st person games. Here are the stealth games I have played (this could also serve as a list of recs for people looking for stealth games:

Splinter Cell (entire series)
Metal Gear Solid 1-3 (can't get my hands on 4) - not really that stealth-based but they count
Thief (entire series)
Hitman (entire series)
Legacy of Kain 2: Blood Omen
Chronicles of Riddick (both games)
Prisoner of War
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Death to Spies
Dishonored
STALKER series (1 and 2)
Sniper Elite (kinda)
Velvet Assassin
And of course Penumbra/Amnesia

I didn't mention any RPGs because the stealth is usually not that prominent or if it is it is sometimes too generalized to be interesting. That being said the stealth in the Elder Scrolls games is very good. If you have any RPGs that do stealth just as well then I'd be interested for sure. Mainly though I'm interested in games that are pure stealth. I'm sure I forgot a few but these are are the main ones I've played.

Have you tried Assassins Creed? The name infers stealth!

(05-26-2013, 10:34 PM)Franklin Boy Wrote: Hey I'm looking for a sci fi/space ship related game either rts or action. Recommendations would be awesome!

An awesome sci-fi game for the Xbox was Dark Void. I haven't tried Mass Effect but I've heard that it's great. Dead Space is loosely Sci-Fi but also great. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were both EPIC and had a slight challenge that I found satisfying but it wasn't very space-shippy. And I can't forget about the Halo series!
07-25-2013, 04:43 AM
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-25-2013, 04:43 AM)Prancingfrog97 Wrote:

Doesn't get much more gothic than Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. In fact, it fits all three of your criteria: RPG, horror and adventure. It's a great game. Other than that if you don't mind isometric Planescape: Torment and Fallout are both quite dark. Maybe check out the Thief series if you haven't played them, though they're not RPGs they have a ton of lore and are just excellent.

EDIT: I'm looking for a quality stealth game. I've played almost every stealth game there is, even the ones that just barely pass for stealth, so don't bother recommending the well-known ones like Splinter Cell and Thief. I'm not interested in 2D games but if you have any good isometric games like Jagged Alliance that are stealth based that's something I haven't looked into that much. But mainly 3rd person and 1st person games. Here are the stealth games I have played (this could also serve as a list of recs for people looking for stealth games:

Metal Gear Solid 1-3 (can't get my hands on 4) - not really that stealth-based but they count
Thief (entire series)
Hitman (entire series)
Prisoner of War
Death to Spies
Dishonored
STALKER series (1 and 2)
Sniper Elite (kinda)
Velvet Assassin

I didn't mention any RPGs because the stealth is usually not that prominent or if it is it is sometimes too generalized to be interesting. That being said the stealth in the Elder Scrolls games is very good. If you have any RPGs that do stealth just as well then I'd be interested for sure. Mainly though I'm interested in games that are pure stealth. I'm sure I forgot a few but these are are the main ones I've played.

ಠ_ಠ
07-25-2013, 07:59 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

A game that I highly recommend if you're into stealth: Mark of the Ninja

It demonstrates perfectly how a 2D side-scrolling stealth game can have just as much depth in its stealthing mechanics as its 3D competitors.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
07-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Find
alphachurch
Unregistered

(07-25-2013, 07:59 AM)Tiger Wrote:
(07-25-2013, 04:43 AM)Prancingfrog97 Wrote:

Thief (entire series)
Hitman (entire series)
Prisoner of War
Death to Spies
Dishonored
STALKER series (1 and 2)
Sniper Elite (kinda)
Velvet Assassin

ಠ_ಠ
U MAD BRO?!
07-25-2013, 04:42 PM