Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settings Ropes Active and Inactive
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
Settings Ropes Active and Inactive

How can I have a Rope Area (and its respective node) stay inactive/invisible until a function sets it otherwise? Unchecking "Active" in the editor doesn't work (neither does setting it inactive via SetEntityActive in OnStart script) and it still shows up in the map. Must I use some other function, or is there a craftier solution to this?

05-27-2013, 06:37 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Settings Ropes Active and Inactive

Ropes are finicky little bastards. In my time with them (and I kept that time limited for a reason) I found that setting them inactive doesn't seem to work. Someone else may be able to help you better, but in an area that I need a rope to "appear" I made the max length long and the minimum length super short, set the rope to start out at the minimum length so it's up in a place the player can't see, then when you want to "activate it" just set the length to be longer and it'll show up. Though this only works if you just want a rope dangling from high up so the player can climb it. Might not work in other situations.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
05-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Settings Ropes Active and Inactive

Well, just in case you haven't seen my thread:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-18804.html

I don't know if there's a way to make it active, though. Maybe my tutorial gives you a solution, but I can't say much more than I say in the tutorial. Sad

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
05-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Find