Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Inheritance - Chapter 1
Pshyched Offline

Threads: 21
Inheritance - Chapter 1

INHERITANCE

[Image: Inheritance_Screnshot.jpg]

Quote:
Your name is Isaac. You have a wife, with a child on the way, but something happened... Your grandfather, Joseph Doherty, passed away over the weekend. You haven't seen him in quite some time due to his illness keeping him away from family, you receive a letter in the mail. Supposedly you are now the new Heir to his esteemed manor, 'Chateau d'Otharlann'. An old castle, was being refurbished 10 years ago, but it halted due to Joseph's Illness which kept him hospitalized for the rest of his life. Now, you own the key to this Manor. But is it all what it seems?

PLOT

Quote:
One day you slept in late, it was your day off so it was one of the few days you could. As you enter the lounge room, you notice a note on a desk. The note is written by your wife tell you that a letter came in for you. As you pick up the letter, it feels heavy as if something is inside. You tear open the side and a key falls out, confused you start to read the letter. It is from your Grandfather, Joseph. The note explains that he had left his manor to you and that this was the key to the external fence.

Intrigued, you decide to check out this manor. Luckily for you your grandfather left the address in the note too. You follow the directions and end up at a long pathway. You follow this down and start seeing a fence on your right hand side. You follow the fence all the way down until you find a old metal gate, the padlock seems rusty and old. As you slowly insert the key, you turn it and the padlock unlocks and breaks. You slowly open the gate and flights of stairs appear in front of you, you begin to climb. After awhile you think there is no end to these, until you see it. A Large castle-like Manor built by your grandfather. It seems his caretakers and other are still here, considering there are still candles lit.

You start to venture forth and see what your grandfather has left you.....

This is my first ever custom story I have created, so everything I am doing here is from ideas I have had, and so far I have received very positive feedback from it. Even had ThePocketPac play this on his Let's Play!

Yes this is only chapter 1, and due to the soon release of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, chapter 2 will be made using that. I will be finishing Chapter 1 with The Dark Descent and hopefully get a working BETA version finished by the end of June. I have been working on it daily, perfecting every little detail (As some of you may of noticed on the screenshots topic). I have also noticed in a lot of Custom Stories, that they rely solely on Jump scares as in 'Teleporting Naked Guys', and Exploding Iron Maidens and such. I aim to deliver something that is Scary, Immersive and extremely unnerving. I also want it to be very detailed, Storyline wise, and I want it to be one of the Custom Stories that people just say 'Wow'. So I'm putting as much effort as possible into this as I can.

SCREENSHOTS
[Image: amnesia2013052821014846.jpg]

[Image: amnesia2013052821054577.jpg]

CURRENT PROGRESS
As of 28/05/2013
  • Currently have 3 out of the 6 maps Existing/WIP/Complete (Subject to change).
  • Storyline is basically created, just need to implement it properly.
  • Some scripting has been done.

CURRENT REQUESTS
As of 28/05/2013
  • Instruction on how to add Custom Models, and Include them in the released product.
  • Is there a way to take 1 key to another map? or do you basically need to recreate it?
  • In need of Voice Actors! There is ideas of a script but it still needs to be written. I need 2 Male voices, one adult sounding, one old sounding. I need 2 Female voice actors, one needs to sound like a young girl, the other an adult female. Please contact through PM if you are interested in a role and I can give you the gist of what that role will entail.

I hope to make this custom story within the set date (End of June, Early July). So keep an eye on this post, I will try to update this constantly. Keep an eye on the ModDB page too as well.

I am putting everything I can into this, I'd love to hear feedback from everyone, and I hope you will like the final product!
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2013, 04:04 PM by Pshyched.)
05-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Inheritance - Chapter 1

When you say 1 key into another map, explain a bit further? Like, in your inventory, yep, just pick it up, stays in your inventory until you remove it in script. If you mean literally picking it up and taking it to the other map, no not necissarily, but you could make something like a hole in the wall which if you place the key there, it's on the other side when you get there Smile

Also, search the forum for Voice Actor's Guild. There is a female voice actress there and seeing as she has bumped the thread recently, she has yet to receive work. Drop her, and possibly Miss Rigi a PM for female voices. Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

I'm sorry but I have to point this out again

Chateau d'Otharlann

not

Chateau De Otharlann

you can't have vowels meeting in the french language. It kills the tongue.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
05-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Find
Pshyched Offline

(05-29-2013, 11:36 AM)i3670 Wrote: I'm sorry but I have to point this out again

Chateau d'Otharlann

not

Chateau De Otharlann

you can't have vowels meeting in the french language. It kills the tongue.
Sorry about that, I'll fix it.
05-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Find
Pshyched Offline

CURRENT PROGRESS
As of 31/05/2013
  • RELEASE DATE ESTIMATION - July 2013
  • Currently have 4 out of the 6 maps Existing/WIP/Complete (Subject to change).
  • Storyline is basically created, just need to implement it properly. LOOKING FOR VOICE ACTORS!
  • Estimating the Game completion to be around 1 - 2 hours atm (WILL CHANGE)
  • Some scripting has been done.

CURRENT REQUESTS
As of 31/05/2013
  • Instruction on how to add Custom Models, and Include them in the released product? How do I set up the folder system within my custom story folder?
  • In need of Voice Actors! There is ideas of a script but it still needs to be written. I need 2 Male voices, one adult sounding, one old sounding. I need 2 Female voice actors, one needs to sound like a young girl, the other an adult female. Please contact through PM if you are interested in a role and I can give you the gist of what that role will entail.

[Image: amnesia2013053023400535.jpg]
Screenshot is a WIP and may not be a final product.
05-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Find
VeNoMzTeamHysterical Offline

Threads: 36

Looks amazing +1 really nice.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21719.html
Evil Awaking Work In Progress!
Hours Spend 472.
06-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Website Find
Pshyched Offline

Thanks, I'm trying my best to work on it all the time. To be honest I've had a little lack of motivation recently Sad
06-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Find
vixenVIPER Offline

Threads: 1

It's ok, Pshyched! I got your back.

[Image: rp74RQr.png]
06-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(06-13-2013, 12:37 PM)Pshyched Wrote: Thanks, I'm trying my best to work on it all the time. To be honest I've had a little lack of motivation recently Sad

D: I hope that motivation comes back, the map I tested for you was really good!

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
06-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Find
Pshyched Offline

Thanks guys, I'm trying to get some motivation back, but creating outdoor environments is really really tough within Amnesia! Here is the Progress Report for 26/06/2013.

For the past couple of weeks I have been quite lazy, unfortunately. I only recently started working on the Mod again. Sure I added things here and there, but I never sat down and worked on it straight for hours. Which makes me sad, because people are looking forward to this. So, I'm now trying to work on this as much as I can! Of course, the release of The Last Of Us didn't help either, Haha.

CURRENT PROGRESS
As of 26/06/2013
  • Currently still have 4/6 maps Exisiting/WIP/Completed (Subject to change).
  • Some of the maps are a bit large of scale, and due to some being completely outdoors, It's hard to get that feel of being outside. So that's taking me a little bit of working with.
  • Voice acting has started, and I am slowly creating the scripts for the voice actors to read.

CURRENT REQUESTS
As of 26/06/2013
  • None right now.

I really am sorry about the lack of updates recently, I want to try and update as much as I can for you guys. I'll try my best and release what I can, when I can.

P.S
I am actually taking 2 weeks off of work starting from the 8th of July, I hope to get a lot of modding done within that time, so I hope it helps!
06-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Find