Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Music for custom stories
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
Music for custom stories

Soundcloud page

Recently I've become quite interested in composing music for custom stories. I have no prior experience working on projects but I like to think I am a composer of modest skill. Been writing music for around five years now but unfortunately most of my "respectable" compositions are in MIDI format and will take a lot of time to turn into listenable recordings so I've been making a few general-purpose samples the past few days to "showcase" what I can do so to speak. Nothing spectacular at all, just some short "themes".

https://soundcloud.com/bridgethemasterbu...ts/samples

The second sample is kind of reminiscent of chase music but it sounds more like boss music in a Zelda game (you get the general idea though).

As a bonus you can listen to a work-in-progress of a cello sonata I'm writing though the soundfont I used to render it has a bad habit of producing a crackling sound whenever strings are playing pizzicato, so it might be slightly annoying in some spots.

https://soundcloud.com/bridgethemasterbu...in-c-minor

I prefer to work with acoustic instruments but I can do electronic stuff too if that's what you want. If anyone's curious I'm using Reason 5.

If you want me to write music for your CS just drop me a PM. I don't want to place any arbitrary filters on possible applications but I think it's fair to expect that work on the project has at least begun (preferably that it be well into the development stages) and that everyone involved is serious about making it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Commissions so far:

Quest for Laudanum (Akos115)
Quest for Laudanum - Trailer theme
Frozen Spirits(WIWWM)
Frozen Spirits - Track 1 | [Score]
Frozen Spirits - Awakening | [Score]
Frozen Spirits - Complete Puzzle | [Score]
Riukka (Amn)
Riukka - Main menu theme
A Forgotten Memory (JAP)
A Forgotten Memory - Solo violin piece | [Score]
A Forgotten Memory - Heavy Drum | [Score]
Misc.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 06:13 PM by Bridge.)
05-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Music for custom stories

Sincerely:

I like 'em all, and although is evident it's made in computer, it's very good. Trust me, I tried to make some of them and they turned like sh*t.
You may want to try the RSE (Real Sound Engine) that comes with Guitar Pro 6. I personally use it when learning guitar songs and it greatly improves the quality of a song.
I would make tracks, but I'm way too lazy to make them (Perhaps one day I'll make one tho)

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
05-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(05-31-2013, 11:06 PM)The chaser Wrote: Sincerely:

I like 'em all, and although is evident it's made in computer, it's very good. Trust me, I tried to make some of them and they turned like sh*t.
You may want to try the RSE (Real Sound Engine) that comes with Guitar Pro 6. I personally use it when learning guitar songs and it greatly improves the quality of a song.
I would make tracks, but I'm way too lazy to make them (Perhaps one day I'll make one tho)

Thanks. I have used Guitar Pro 5 a lot in the past to compose (most of my compositions are still in that format) and have tried Guitar Pro 6 a bit; the sound quality of the RSE 2 samples are alright but not amazing IMO. My biggest problem with the program though is that in order to score for really low or really high instruments you need to use cheap hacks (like creating a 7-string guitar and detuning the strings to their lowest possible values which is incredibly awkward IMO. Not to mention in Guitar Pro 5 the only clefs that are supported are tenor and bass, and the sheet music is automatically transposed up an octave (being that the program is designed for guitar). Have these issues been addressed in Guitar Pro 6?
06-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(06-01-2013, 02:25 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 11:06 PM)The chaser Wrote: Sincerely:

Thanks. I have used Guitar Pro 5 a lot in the past to compose (most of my compositions are still in that format) and have tried Guitar Pro 6 a bit; the sound quality of the RSE 2 samples are alright but not amazing IMO. My biggest problem with the program though is that in order to score for really low or really high instruments you need to use cheap hacks (like creating a 7-string guitar and detuning the strings to their lowest possible values which is incredibly awkward IMO. Not to mention in Guitar Pro 5 the only clefs that are supported are tenor and bass, and the sheet music is automatically transposed up an octave (being that the program is designed for guitar). Have these issues been addressed in Guitar Pro 6?

M... Guitar Pro 6 is way more intuitive and allows you to make lots of things more, so if you want to increase quality, that's a good program to go with.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
06-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

It sounds absolutely amazing, really cool.
06-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Abselutely stunned, the feels I get from this so good!!!
06-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

Someone should gather a team of the best crew around this site to make the ultimate mod - voice actors, musicians (that would be you), programmers, writers and mappers.
06-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(06-02-2013, 12:03 PM)Robosprog Wrote: That happened before, it was called horizon :|

It was Timorem.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
06-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Bridge!
Can you do this music style for my mod's menu?

06-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(06-06-2013, 08:27 AM)Amn Wrote: Bridge!
Can you do this music style for my mod's menu?

Sure. Just PM me the details and I'll get back to you.
06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Find