Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Billboard help on Rock Ceiling!
VeNoMzTeamHysterical Offline

Threads: 36
Question  Billboard help on Rock Ceiling!

So, Uhm yeah everyone knows here that i suck at billboards.

I need to make something really realistic and i need help on it.

Here are some screenshots.

[Image: bdqrft.jpg]

Can someone give me advise with these billboards?

Thanks.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21719.html
Evil Awaking Work In Progress!
Hours Spend 472.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 04:48 PM by VeNoMzTeamHysterical.)
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Website Find
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Billboard help on Rock Ceiling!

(06-03-2013, 06:11 PM)VeNoMzTeamHysterical Wrote: So, Uhm yeah everyone knows here that i suck at billboards.

[Image: m8gy8n.jpg]
From inside the storage.

[Image: 9ldamt.jpg]
From top.

Thanks.

Make the billboards longer and change the colour to something like: 0.2,0.2,0.2,1. Also add a spotlight with a gobo, even if it is a very dark colour. Maybe change the position of your billboards slightly so that if you look straight up you can still see a couple of them Smile
06-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

1. No one knows you're bad with billboards, so don't need to mention that Wink

2. Someone thought me a really good looking trick. Create 1 billboard, change the colors to somewhere between 0.05 and 0.09 and duplicate it a bunch of times. Mix them up between axis and fixedaxis.

This'll look more realistic because you haven't seen, at least I never have, any lightrays that obvious and bright. They're usually really faint, right?
06-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Find

(06-03-2013, 06:20 PM)Smoke Wrote: 1. No one knows you're bad with billboards, so don't need to mention that Wink

2. Someone thought me a really good looking trick. Create 1 billboard, change the colors to somewhere between 0.05 and 0.09 and duplicate it a bunch of times. Mix them up between axis and fixedaxis.

This'll look more realistic because you haven't seen, at least I never have, any lightrays that obvious and bright. They're usually really faint, right?

I try that out and i suck xD
It always look ugly when i make them Wink

Thanks.

(06-03-2013, 06:20 PM)Smoke Wrote: 1. No one knows you're bad with billboards, so don't need to mention that Wink

[Image: 2v809qb.jpg]

So how do i fill inside i try'd axis but that works really strange.

And btw add me on skype: venomzvidsyoutube

Hours Spend 472.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013, 06:34 PM by VeNoMzTeamHysterical.)
06-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

The trick is to fill out the edges, then rotate, scale smaller ones at the middle until there's no gap. Oh and make it longer.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(06-03-2013, 06:11 PM)VeNoMzTeamHysterical Wrote: So, Uhm yeah everyone knows here that i suck at billboards.
<images>
Thanks.

1. Connect them to a pointlight (this pointlight should be a very dark version of the colour coming through the hole in the ceiling). This will make changing the colours later on a lot easier. If you already have them connected to a pointlight, never mind this. If you don't know how to do this, let me know so I can explain further :)

2. Make sure they all reach very close to the ground, around the edge of the light cast by your spotlight (they should form a slight cone). They shouldn't actually touch the ground or clip through it, though.

3. Start with a general outline of the shape created by the hole (you already have most of this), then fill in the sharp corners and gaps with more billboards (like this which ends up looking like this when the colour is changed to not blue).

4. Place an AXIS billboard (not a fixed axis) in the very center that's dimmer than the rest of the billboards. Set it to "Halo" so it doesn't look weird when you walk through the billboards. This will act as a bloom of light.

5. Make all the billboards about 1/4 as bright as they currently are. "Billboards" are created when light illuminates tiny particles of dust in the air. It would take a lot of dust to make them that bright and thick looking.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
06-04-2013, 04:43 AM
Find

(06-04-2013, 04:43 AM)Kiandra Wrote:
<images>
Thanks.

1. Connect them to a pointlight (this pointlight should be a very dark version of the colour coming through the hole in the ceiling). This will make changing the colours later on a lot easier. If you already have them connected to a pointlight, never mind this. If you don't know how to do this, let me know so I can explain further Smile

2. Make sure they all reach very close to the ground, around the edge of the light cast by your spotlight (they should form a slight cone). They shouldn't actually touch the ground or clip through it, though.

3. Start with a general outline of the shape created by the hole (you already have most of this), then fill in the sharp corners and gaps with more billboards (like this which ends up looking like this when the colour is changed to not blue).

4. Place an AXIS billboard (not a fixed axis) in the very center that's dimmer than the rest of the billboards. Set it to "Halo" so it doesn't look weird when you walk through the billboards. This will act as a bloom of light.

5. Make all the billboards about 1/4 as bright as they currently are. "Billboards" are created when light illuminates tiny particles of dust in the air. It would take a lot of dust to make them that bright and thick looking.
Thanks i do my best Wink
I never known the trick of billboards but the AXIS is really strange to place ;P

Hours Spend 472.
06-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Website Find

It still looks ugly can some one make it quick for me and then upload it?

Here is it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ysj2z...waking.rar

Hours Spend 472.
06-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Billboard help on Rock Ceiling! Still need help!

(06-04-2013, 01:58 PM)VeNoMzTeamHysterical Wrote: It still looks ugly can some one make it quick for me and then upload it?

Here is it.

Just download - the - the facking - map file. It's too big. thats what she said

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Find

RE: Billboard help on Rock Ceiling! Still need help!

(06-04-2013, 03:36 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(06-04-2013, 01:58 PM)VeNoMzTeamHysterical Wrote: It still looks ugly can some one make it quick for me and then upload it?

Here is it.

Just download - the - the facking - map file. It's too big. thats what she said

There we go http://www.mediafire.com/download/ap2mu7...7/maps.rar
Thx bro that you wanna do this for me.

Hours Spend 472.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 04:04 PM by VeNoMzTeamHysterical.)
06-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Website Find