Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room after library = instant death?
drachehexe Offline

Threads: 2
Room after library = instant death?

In Justine:

Is there something special you need to do in the library to keep the creature in the next room from killing you as soon as you open the door? After exiting the library I go down the stair and listen to the recording, then go down to a door. I don't hear anything by the door and when I enter I get charged by a creature and it kills me in like two hits and I can't outrun it.

I've tried waiting before opening the door and it's the same thing. This is really pathetic, since the game doesn't save and you have to start over from the beginning if you die. Done this like 5 times now.

Tired of stacking boxes over and over again and crap. Who the hell was the sadistic ass that made no saves anyway? Stupid ass doesn't think we may need to leave the game for an extended period of time. Powered flickered once and reset my PC causing me to lose progress the first time I tried...thankfully I wasn't very out of the first cell then..
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 07:32 AM by drachehexe.)
06-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Room after library = instant death?

Duuuuude. It's always instant death.

How to do this.
Spoiler below!

Just go in and wait the lamps to be put out (or torches I cant remember), and hide. Sneak past him, don't make any noise.
Keep going. Make sure to look behind so that he's not behind you. Near the end, interacting or even go near some doors will make him alarmed so run!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Find
drachehexe Offline

You aren't getting me. As soon as I open the door to that area he charges me and kills me. I can't even get a foot in the room before I'm dead.
06-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(06-04-2013, 08:59 AM)drachehexe Wrote: You aren't getting me. As soon as I open the door to that area he charges me and kills me. I can't even get a foot in the room before I'm dead.

That's probably a bug. If you heard the terror music, go back to the Library and hide.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Find
drachehexe Offline

Nevermind. Not worth playing any of it over again just hoping this time it won't bug out.

No save and the game has bugs. What a pile of stinking crap this shit is.
06-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

The game works just fine for, well, the vast majority of people who have played it. It's actually the first time I see someone reporting this problem. Try reinstalling the game from scratch, I think it's worth giving it a try Smile

06-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(06-04-2013, 09:57 PM)drachehexe Wrote: Nevermind. Not worth playing any of it over again just hoping this time it won't bug out.

If you want to play through it with the ability to save try this:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/softcore-justi...re-edition

It runs like a custom story from within the main Amnesia game, but it's an exact copy of Justine. And, because it creates savegame files, you can cheat the same way you can in Amnesia (if you need to get passed that buggy enemy).
06-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(06-04-2013, 09:57 PM)drachehexe Wrote: Nevermind. Not worth playing any of it over again just hoping this time it won't bug out.

i played over Justine like 20 times, not a single bug was encountered. I think you're the only one here with this problem so i don't think its the games fault. Maybe it installed wrong or something

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
06-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

That's strange, make a video of it and we'll see wether it's a bug or not.

- Inactive account -
07-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

I understand that you must be frustrated. I have never heard of this glitch before, and it sounds like it would be a thing with your Justine content. As mentioned above, you might want to try re-installing the game, as this event sounds totally glitched and should really not happen.

(06-04-2013, 07:29 AM)drachehexe Wrote: Who the hell was the sadistic ass that made no saves anyway? Stupid ass doesn't think we may need to leave the game for an extended period of time. Powered flickered once and reset my PC causing me to lose progress the first time I tried...thankfully I wasn't very out of the first cell then..

Because this expansion pack works great without saves, and because it is, well, you could say, extremely short. It also was nice for once, for me anyway, to be forced to be "more careful", after playing through The Dark Descent, and having a bigger consequence. Of course, when the game is bugged like it is for you, it is obviously going to drive you crazy, but if the glitch becomes fixed for you, ie. re-installing the game or something, the game won't be so hard, or should I say, impossible, thus a perma death function not being that bad.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
07-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Find