Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 4 different suitors?
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
The 4 different suitors?

I was just wondering why there are 4 different Suitor enemies in the level editor? I know with the multiple grunts that one doesnt have the growl sound when it activates, I take it something similar applies to the Suitors? Can anyone tell me how they differ from one another?

06-08-2013, 02:29 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
RE: The 4 different suitors?

(06-08-2013, 02:29 AM)serbusfish Wrote: I was just wondering why there are 4 different Suitor enemies in the level editor? I know with the multiple grunts that one doesnt have the growl sound when it activates, I take it something similar applies to the Suitors? Can anyone tell me how they differ from one another?

Have you played justine? They're each different characters.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
06-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

There are four because of course, as stated above there are three actual characters, and one cinematic character.

If you go through their variables in the model editor, you'll notice that there are some different settings for each, some relating to their voice in which you hear while they are idle, patrolling, spotted or searching for you. Alois, Basile and Malo appear in the Cells, Library area, and Sewer area respectively, and have their own distinctive voices, so if you wanted Malo to hunt you down throughout the whole thing, all you would do is change the .ent file of the suitor in the level editor.

The other one, the one simply named "enemy_suitor" is used for cinematic purposes in the first level, when you're dumped into the cell and when the one patrols in that area below. This one does not have voices and simply moans a lot.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2013, 04:10 AM by Romulator.)
06-08-2013, 04:10 AM
Find
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75

Yes i've played Justine, it was a very long time ago though and I dont remember any specifics about the monsters.

But ok cheers, so i'll use the standard enemy suitor for scary scenes and the others for chases and stuffSmile

06-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Find