Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can't get the game to work properly
phospheratu Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Can't get the game to work properly

I have downloaded the patch, have the latest drivers for my ATI card, and have tried playing around with all the settings, but the game just will not work properly.
When I start the game, in the scene where I wake up on the bed, the screen is nothing but multicoloured vertical lines. The same thing happens when I right click an object to look at it.

My card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400
I am running Windows Vista

A few other things I am noticing:

- The vice does not open and close even though I turn the handle
- I dropped the toolbox on the ground, it smashed into pieces that were in no way interactive, and after a short time these pieces disappeared.
- The pencil disappeared into thin air when I was holding it
07-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Can't get the game to work properly

Try uninstalling the drivers, rebooting and then restarting and installing the drivers (make extra sure you have downloaded the latest).

This has helped others with similar problems.
07-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Find
phospheratu Offline

Threads: 1

Thomas Wrote:Try uninstalling the drivers, rebooting and then restarting and installing the drivers (make extra sure you have downloaded the latest).

This has helped others with similar problems.

I reinstalled ATI Radeon 8-6_vista32 driver, but it hasn't fixed the problem.

I also have no text in the CD files. I looked all over for a password, couldn't find one, so checked a walkthrough. It said that there are supposed to be text files on the CD. There are no text files in my game, however... just black screens with blue borders around them.

This game is unplayable.
07-16-2008, 02:49 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

It sounds like a driver issue and solution might be to try an older driver version. Portable cards are known to have big driver problems at times.
07-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Find