Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Call From Another Dimension
MatiaSika Offline

Threads: 9

At least I finished this one.. Hundreds of hours of work, started on november 2012..

Storyline:
It's year 1869. You are interested in mansions which have the support of horror tales. You've heard about a scandinavian mansion which has been connected to shocking tales: terrible murdes, unreal vision, loud earthquakes, unreal creatures... Thus you decided to explore the mansion.

You can await from this story:
- Two alternative roads to the end (+ one trivial)
- Detailed mapping
- Horrifying atmosphere
- Secret rooms (helping rooms, not necessary)
- Puzzles
- Spanish translation

Remember to play the sequel too!

This is my seventh custom story to Amnesia. Please try my previous ones from my Addon - category on Mod Db. Give me feedback and say what parts and things you liked and disliked! Smile And if you want to know more about my works, follow me on twitter!

DOWNLOAD
[Image: 55916.png]

Support me and my works!
[Image: btn_donate_LG.gif]

Picture: (More on Mod Db link)
Spoiler below!
[Image: Amnesia_2013-06-19_21-36-53-70.jpg]

For my other custom stories: Custom Stories

Follow me on twitter or like my page on facebook
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2015, 01:10 PM by MatiaSika.)
06-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: The Call From Another Dimension

Downloading... Will review it when finished Smile

30 minute later EDIT:

Umm... I really liked it so far, but why I get new lantern everytime when I go next map and get all the items I think I have something on debug thingy? Can you help and secondly you made major fail when
Spoiler below!
player reach elevator doors ^^ There are open I rided elevator to down maps and go Outside and BAM The End... I was so "unfinished this yet"
Yeah... so fix these problems and I will give it another run Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013, 12:23 AM by HumiliatioN.)
06-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

(06-19-2013, 11:43 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Downloading... Will review it when finished Smile

30 minute later EDIT:

Umm... I really liked it so far, but why I get new lantern everytime when I go next map and get all the items I think I have something on debug thingy? Can you help and secondly you made major fail when
Spoiler below!
player reach elevator doors ^^ There are open I rided elevator to down maps and go Outside and BAM The End... I was so "unfinished this yet"

You have the ScriptDebug on. I used it to test it faster and better. Smile
Open user_settings.cfg change ScriptDebugOn=“false”.

06-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(06-20-2013, 09:01 AM)MatiaSika Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 11:43 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Downloading... Will review it when finished Smile

30 minute later EDIT:

Spoiler below!

You have the ScriptDebug on. I used it to test it faster and better. Smile
Open user_settings.cfg change ScriptDebugOn=“false”.

Oh, okay Big Grin

06-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Okay, I finished it you have to still "fix the elevator doors so there are locked".

My review:

Spoiler below!
This was really awesome one, really chilling atmosphere with really cool script events, couple new scares and thrilling gameplay experience from start to finish. I wish it was longer because you have talent to make decent mods too.

Story: 7/10

- I read all the notes and it was simple not so amazing, but easy to follow, I liked it.

Mapping: 9/10

- This was one of the strongest parts on the mod, I just stopped sometimes to look how realistic and detailed rooms you have maded Study, Laboratory, Storage these and main hub these are my favourites and really well maded! Kudos! Smile

- Level Design 8/10

- Really nicely placed and not like randomly, I liked how you turned two endings so you can finish almost at the same time.

- Scares 9/10

- Wow, this story has really good scares (Absolutely my favourite was Library part), Laboratory with flying chair I jumped a little bit and what comes to scares I don't easily get scared and have played like 300 stories so far on Amnesia.

- Particles & Decals 10/10

- Just wonderful, everything feeled really realistic and dirty, messy and main hub was one of the greatest hubs I ever seen, Study was pretty messy and Laboratory you really know how to detail places! No complaining here at all.

Overall: One really epic journey, with hundreds hours of work and effort! Level design is top-notch, detailed, scares (really well throught), atmosphere really chilling and just really good story and highly recommended for everybody!

9.5 / 10 - Freaking awesome one of the scariest I have recently played, thank you man for scaring the shit out of me! Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013, 12:11 PM by HumiliatioN.)
06-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

(06-20-2013, 12:09 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Okay, I finished it you have to still "fix the elevator doors so there are locked".

My review:

Spoiler below!
This was really awesome one, really chilling atmosphere with really cool script events, couple new scares and thrilling gameplay experience from start to finish. I wish it was longer because you have talent to make decent mods too.

- I read all the notes and it was simple not so amazing, but easy to follow, I liked it.

- This was one of the strongest parts on the mod, I just stopped sometimes to look how realistic and detailed rooms you have maded Study, Laboratory, Storage these and main hub these are my favourites and really well maded! Kudos! Smile

- Level Design 8/10

- Really nicely placed and not like randomly, I liked how you turned two endings so you can finish almost at the same time.

- Scares 9/10

- Wow, this story has really good scares (Absolutely my favourite was Library part), Laboratory with flying chair I jumped a little bit and what comes to scares I don't easily get scared and have played like 300 stories so far on Amnesia.

- Just wonderful, everything feeled really realistic and dirty, messy and main hub was one of the greatest hubs I ever seen, Study was pretty messy and Laboratory you really know how to detail places! No complaining here at all.

Overall: One really epic journey, with hundreds hours of work and effort! Level design is top-notch, detailed, scares (really well throught), atmosphere really chilling and just really good story and highly recommended for everybody!

9.5 / 10 - Freaking awesome one of the scariest I have recently played, thank you man for scaring the shit out of me! Big Grin

Wow, thank you man! Big Grin You obviously checked both routes?

06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(06-20-2013, 12:20 PM)MatiaSika Wrote:
(06-20-2013, 12:09 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Okay, I finished it you have to still "fix the elevator doors so there are locked".

My review:

Spoiler below!

- Level Design 8/10

- Scares 9/10

Wow, thank you man! Big Grin You obviously checked both routes?

Yeah, of course Tongue

06-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

(06-20-2013, 12:27 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(06-20-2013, 12:20 PM)MatiaSika Wrote: Wow, thank you man! Big Grin You obviously checked both routes?

Yeah, of course Tongue
Good to hear that somebody finds a way to there Smile

06-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Website Find
Cyphermur9t Offline

Threads: 17

Is this even coded right? I can't even start because there's a code error in the first map of line 72.
06-22-2013, 06:14 AM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

(06-22-2013, 06:14 AM)Cyphermur9t Wrote: Is this even coded right? I can't even start because there's a code error in the first map of line 72.

Have you Justine expansion? There is few lines that need it..

06-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Website Find