Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Serindir
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
Serindir

SERINDIR

So, here I present you my new project, called Serindir! I thought this deserved a thread, as it is a big (commercial) project.

Story:

After a misterious incident, your town gets attacked by terrifying creatures. The curious thing is that, only your town has been affected: There's a weird bubble that covers the area and you can't get out. Survive and try to find out what happened!

Gameplay: Serindir is a Open-World horror game, which is being built with the Blender engine. Your objectives will be to find resources to survive and then to find out what happened. Most of monsters are or very hard to kill or immortal, so fight is the last resource.

The features are:

Limited life: You are like a normal person: If someone hits you with a hammer in the head, for example, your life drains a lot. Plus, you can have blood loss.
Sanity: The less you have, the more insane you are: With less of the 50%, you see allucinations. With less of the 20%, you enter in a madness world, where allucinations can kill you.
Stamina: Not much to say. Most of the times it will be sneaking the enemies in the streets, but you will have to jog sometimes to avoid some monsters.
Jog: Light running: Doesn't make you really tired and it's stamina-friendly (you can outrun slow enemies using this, and you don't use much stamina)
Sprint: You run very fast. Your stamina drops really fast when using it. Useful when you have to run long enough so enemies don't see you hiding somewhere.

There are supernatural effects that can hurt your sanity, health, or both of them.

You can actually have weapons and kill zombies or infected (although it's really hard).

I'll post screenies as soon as I can!

[Progress Log]
Spoiler below!
Flashlight effect made, I only have to find out how to toggle it so it gets activated/unactivated.
Mouse Look script applied.

Please, tell me what you think! It's still too soon to make an environment screenie, but I'll try to have a sample as soon as possible.

[EDIT]
Also, I need help: How can I create textures for my monsters? For example, how did FG make the textures of their monsters?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2013, 04:29 PM by The chaser.)
06-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Serindir

The game sounds like one big death trap. Impossible to say how balanced it will end up being at this point, although I wish you the best of luck in that regard. This seems like quite an ambitious project. Is this a solo thing or do you have a team working on this with you?
06-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(06-21-2013, 11:06 PM)Bridge Wrote: The game sounds like one big death trap. Impossible to say how balanced it will end up being at this point, although I wish you the best of luck in that regard. This seems like quite an ambitious project. Is this a solo thing or do you have a team working on this with you?

By the moment, alone, but I'm sure some buddies can help me in this. I know, it seems impossible to make this game without dying, but there isn't a monster at every corner: It's an Amnesia in modern day, with weapons (although they don't affect much).

I have been inspired by Amnesia, Dead Island and Silent Hill, and this is what came from my inspiration. In fact, I had this project alive in my mind for like a year, however I didn't think the Amnesia engine was the apporpiate one. The Blender engine is very flexible by what it seems, and I think it's going to be cool developing it in this engine, as I know now to make really cool effects, like normal maps, and I'm entering the animation world, so... it's a project that, besides boosting my creativity, it will improve my capacities in the future, as I'm going to learn Python and lots of stuff.

The key of this game is in knowing how to move, for example, behind cars, so infected don't see you, or taking alternative ways to evade your enemies, so you aren't even seen.

Also, as it is Open-World, it will give a sense of realism and contrast, visiting other zones and stuff Tongue (note that this takes place in my town, where I have references on how to make stuff everywhere Big Grin)

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2013, 11:15 PM by The chaser.)
06-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Will it be as horrifying as DOLAN PLS?

[Image: p229xcq]
06-22-2013, 02:59 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(06-22-2013, 02:59 AM)Chronofluff Wrote: Will it be as horrifying as DOLAN PLS?

perhaps. maybe more :D

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
06-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(06-22-2013, 02:59 AM)Chronofluff Wrote: Will it be as horrifying as DOLAN PLS?

chrnoflff pls that's impsible
06-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Well, today, after struggling with Logic Bricks and scripts that don't work (for, I would say, 15 hours), I managed to make a very basic movement script work!

There are many bugs though, I'll try to fix them.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
06-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Find
Kirbypwnage Offline

Threads: 4

Sounds nice, really. I'd love to learn stuff like that which involves game developing myself, you seem more skilled and experienced though. Which is good, I'm pretty sure that you'll need those skills.
Good luck with the game anyways. Wink

Currently working on:
Archedale Castle: Cold Hunger
http://www.moddb.com/mods/archedale-castle
06-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks! I'll need that luck :|

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)