Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Some .srt files play, others stay silent. urgent help needed
thaniels Offline

Threads: 4
Some .srt files play, others stay silent. urgent help needed

Hello once again forum,

I have stumbled upon another error in my custom story, a strange one this time. I have recorded several custom sounds (voices) and implemented them in my custom story, the first 5 work fine they play when the trigger area is hit and all is well. Here is the strange thing, the rest of the trigger area's I hit, do trigger the functions given to them apart from playing the .srt file. I have checked the code and it is identical to the code I use for the ones that work, I heard that audacity could sometimes sent corrupted files and i have tried with several different other converters in the hope they would give me files that do work.

I have no idea what is going on, i have copied the file names directly from how they are saved as the .ogg files, the files work when i play them in audacity and other sound programs but fail when I try to play them in game.

Please can anyone help me I need to present my Specialization project (I made this custom story for a school project as proof of a theory i wanted to investigate) on Tuesday so I hope some one can help me quick Blush

Kind regards

Thaniels

P.S.
I have my maps, the code plus the sound files in a download link at the bottom, feel free to go through them I just don't know what to do anymore.

http://www.2shared.com/file/ghuncyY_/Spe..._Copy.html
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2013, 01:13 AM by thaniels.)
06-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Find
Kullin Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Some .srt files play, others stay silent. urgent help needed

.SRT?

Do you mean .SNT?
06-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Find
thaniels Offline

(06-24-2013, 09:52 AM)Kullin Wrote: .SRT?

Do you mean .SNT?

yes, that is what i mean.

Still I am hopeless at the moment nothing seems to work and i'm running out of time, does anyone know how to solve this problem? could anyone take a look at the files?
06-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Some combinations in the snt files doesn't work. If you have edited the .snt file manually that's probably the problem. Ex. You set loop to true, but keep Stream at false, or something like that.

If this is the case, copy a sound that has the settings you need (Like looping for example), change the names inside it, and it should work.

Trying is the first step to success.
06-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Find
thaniels Offline

(06-24-2013, 12:17 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: Some combinations in the snt files doesn't work. If you have edited the .snt file manually that's probably the problem. Ex. You set loop to true, but keep Stream at false, or something like that.

If this is the case, copy a sound that has the settings you need (Like looping for example), change the names inside it, and it should work.

tried it, it doesn't work Sad thanks for the help though Smile maybe a different suggestion?
06-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Easiest way is just to copy the working ones and paste them in the ones that don't work. Change the names and other stuff and you're good to go. I also noticed there are some items in the where the playsoundatentity command doesn't work. So I usually work with script areas.
Hope this helps!
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2013, 07:31 PM by OriginalUsername.)
06-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Find
thaniels Offline

(06-24-2013, 07:27 PM)Smoke Wrote: Easiest way is just to copy the working ones and paste them in the ones that don't work. Change the names and other stuff and you're good to go. I also noticed there are some items in the where the playsoundatentity command doesn't work. So I usually work with script areas.
Hope this helps!

thanks, I tried it, doesn't work Sad
06-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Then there's probably something wrong with your .ogg file
06-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Thaniels i just opened your zip and noticed the problem right away.
I opened the zip, went directly to a .snt file and found this:

PHP Code: (Select All)
<Main>
      <
Sound File="<font 9pt:normal/auto;;rgb(255, 0, 0);;inherit>call_001.ogg</font> " />
</
Main

Probably your text editor is trying to give format to that text.
Maybe it is set to html ?
Anyways, this is the right way:

PHP Code: (Select All)
<Main>
      <
Sound File="call_001" />
</
Main

And i don't know why all your sounds are named:
Monster_conversation_01.mp3.OGG
Reaction_monster.wav.OGG
But keep that in mind when writing down the names in the .snt files.

06-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Find
richm0nkey Offline

Threads: 9

(06-25-2013, 10:39 PM)Amn Wrote: And i don't know why all your sounds are named:
Monster_conversation_01.mp3.OGG
Reaction_monster.wav.OGG
But keep that in mind when writing down the names in the .snt files.

His windows explorer may not be set to show extensions for known file types yet. Ie instead of the file saying call_001.ogg in windows explorer it just says call_001 because it is a known file type. If the properties are not set to show the extensions it is impossible to change the file type by renaming it.

06-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Find