Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Debate Thread
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4
RE: Debate Thread

Yeah, I hate myself for having not paied more attention when it came up. Although I do remember what a bunch of wackos and wannabe rockstars my friends and I used to be as teens. Maybe this would be worth a topic of its own? "How were you as a teen?" ^^

GoT is perhaps easier to swallow and doesn`t force you so much to look at yourself and the world we live in while Breaking Bad partially works through being "unpleasant" in that regard. So I personally believe that GoT wins in terms of popularity. I prefer Breaking Bad though.
06-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

OK guys/gals, thank you for the discussion (especially Kiandra for those links Wink)

As for the new debate...

GoT is officially the most pirated TV series at the moment (probably of all time too)

I think GoT had a head start maybe because of the books too.

From talking to people here (in the UK), way more people have seen GoT too. Majority of people I speak to have never heard of Breaking Bad. I think this is because Breaking Bad isn't on any channel on Sky (OUR MAIN NETWORK FOR TV), whereas GoT is on Sky Atlantic.

"How were you as a teen?"

13 = Nothing
14 = Mostly nothing till near 15
15 = Was genuinely depressed, slowly developed into something which would probably be classed a cliche'd emo (You never see it at the time)
16 = Continuing the phase :L
17 = Ditched the mentality, look back on myself in cringe, stopped caring about my hair, started wearing more colourful clothes.

[Image: luv.gif]
06-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4

Hmmm, this needs a bump. Under 20 people are more than welcome to share their thoughts. I`d be interested to. Some vice versa could be interesting to. How do todays teenagers see adults?

Also to give this more content:
I was a real careless douche when I was a teen. heavy metal, party, girls and gaming was everything to me and I always blamed others for everything and still would if it wasn`t for an old friend and now wife that looked past my insecurity born douchebaggery and believed in me. Todays teenagers can hardly be worse. Failures are important for growth.
06-26-2013, 01:04 AM
Website Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Teenager (me, techincally) on Adults
Spoiler below!

Because I have a couple part-time jobs where I teach adults, I've started seeing them as equals. That might be because I have that "I'm 18 and thus an adult" mentality, but I don't know. Other than that, I feel like a lot of people who are older than me just expect to be respected even if they don't respect anyone. It's honestly one of the worst things I have ever had to deal with. Not saying I (or anyone) has a right to be disrespectful, just that they have to earn my respect now more frequently. I used to just automatically respect adults but... meh. I guess adults appear more as individuals now as opposed to the cookie-cutter ideal I used to have :)

Me as a Teen
Spoiler below!

Probably more than any of you need to know:

13 - I had a reputation of being an "angel", never got mad at anyone outside my immediate family, I was essentially a human stepping stone, I was also really obnoxious and thought I wasn't as irritating as other teens from about 13-15, then got smacked by one of my friends for being an idiot

14 - Snapped at the beginning of the school year... By snapped, I mean I yelled "stop it" and started crying because some kid took my essay and started reading it out infront of the class (I had gotten 80% which was a horrible mark in my mind), still lost that reputation because of it :c spent the rest of the year trying to regain the reputation (hahaha not a chance)

15 - two words: externally emo

16 - "Girly", shy, anxiety got worse in general, internally "emo", externally "normal"

17 - socially reserved, resorted to online games, stopped doing things I liked

18 - Yoga, reconnecting with friends, standing up for myself (finally), working my butt off, trying to be less socially awkward, getting 90s marks again (hallelujah)

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
06-26-2013, 01:57 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Spoiler below!
(06-26-2013, 01:04 AM)DavidS Wrote: Hmmm, this needs a bump. Under 20 people are more than welcome to share their thoughts. I`d be interested to. Some vice versa could be interesting to. How do todays teenagers see adults?

Also to give this more content:
I was a real careless douche when I was a teen. heavy metal, party, girls and gaming was everything to me and I always blamed others for everything and still would if it wasn`t for an old friend and now wife that looked past my insecurity born douchebaggery and believed in me. Todays teenagers can hardly be worse. Failures are important for growth.

I agree that failures are a part of growing up, especially big ones (well not crashing a car but you get my point) my mom argues that mistakes that don't need to be made should be avoided but I don't see how Somone can learn to ride a bike through simple instruction (that was a metaphor :P)

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2013, 07:15 AM by 7heDubz.)
06-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Much like Kiandra said, most of my life growing up, I was taught to respect adults. And I did, but as I grew older and wiser, I began to understand that it's not right that if I show an adult respect, and they disrespect me, that I should continue to respect them because they're older. No. If you disrespect me, you have no care for me, why should I continue to show respect towards someone who doesn't return the favor? I dare not to be pushed around. I don't care if they're 80 years old.

As of now, everyone starts with my full respect. I give kindness and respect to anyone of any age. But if they don't give it back, they lost it all from me. Sorry :I
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2013, 07:14 AM by Statyk.)
06-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Spoiler below!
(06-25-2013, 03:52 PM)Wooderson Wrote: "How were you as a teen?"

Well, i still am a teen ^^ but as for how i was when i was 13-15?

13 - a brat (removed extra text. Feel like it was me just ranting on because i needed to vent ^^)

14 - "emo" phase

15 - due to a VERY good friend i came out of my little dark corner and began to see the world in a renewed light.

16 - Im 16 now Tongue cant tell you how i was when i am.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2013, 09:22 PM by 7heDubz.)
06-27-2013, 07:22 AM
Find