Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement Amnesia: Rain 1.1
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12
Information  Amnesia: Rain 1.1

Amnesia: Rain 1.1 update. Release date will be announced later.
This version includes an alternative ending and gameplay, as well as several bug fixes and minor tweaks.

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
06-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Amnesia: Rain 1.1

This doesn't really tell anything about your story mate.
06-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Sorry for the delay! Amnesia: Rain 1.1 will be released tomorrow!

Amnesia: Rain 1.1:
Having worked on the game for so long, when it was finally released, I pretty much didn't want to touch the thing anymore—the whole process was exhausting. But of course, I really needed to fix some of the major glitches that were found early on, so I stuck around for that and added two patches. Several months passed since its release, and Amnesia: Rain started to bug me again. It was incomplete: it was in patches, there remained some glitches, and there were a few issues some people had with the game in general. Given that it took so long to make this game and as I’m so proud of it, I really want to finish this off properly. So Amnesia: Rain 1.1 addresses all these problems. With this update, I'm now perfectly content with my game, Amnesia: Rain.

The biggest change is the addition of an alternative ending. This ending also includes extended gameplay that wasn't in the original game. To access this ending, you must find all the hidden relics and enter the secret room. In fact, that was another issue some people had: they thought that there was no fitting reward for finding all the relics (besides a thankyou note from myself). Some were even under the impression that finding them all would lead to a different ending—well, now it does!

The following are some other adjustments in 1.1:
-I've fixed the bug in the Chapel (aka the Monastery) where some people were unable to progress and the game would glitch.
-I've added extra clues to help solve the furnace puzzle and further guidance during the Chapel event.
-I've fixed a few minor problems with some of the text (for instance, I was inconsistent with the naming of the Chapel—at some points it is referred to as the Monastery).
-And of course, I've compiled both patches and the original download into one file.

It certainly isn’t a huge update, but now the game is rounded off nicely and I can finally let it go, so to speak.

About the alternative ending:
I put a lot of effort into this ending, it is longer, more epic, includes new gameplay, and hopefully far easier to understand than my previous ending. Some people didn’t like the original one for it was only truly appreciable if you were really trying to experience the story properly, else it just feels abrupt and confusing. Bear in mind, the old ending is still there. It is the true ending and the way I intend the story to play. This new ending though, acts as a reward for finding all the hidden relics and adds some replay value.

WARNING: Please do not play the alternative ending unless you have already played the original first.

For those who wanted to know my interpretation of the story and understand the meaning behind the original ending, I will write out the story and post it when I have the time.

Lastly, I just wanted to thank everyone who played my game. It was such a big project for me and I never expected it to get so much attention. It is strange to think that so many people, for a couple of hours, immersed themselves in something I made. So to every single person that played my game and to those that messaged me their enjoyment, thank you! I’m very happy I did this, and that is all thanks to you!

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
08-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Good news! Looking forward to it. I admit the vague ending was something that bothered me personally,, and I'll be very interested to see what you do with it this time around Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Find
CranstonofBoston Offline

Threads: 0

(08-27-2013, 01:43 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Good news! Looking forward to it. I admit the vague ending was something that bothered me personally,, and I'll be very interested to see what you do with it this time around Smile

YEah me too! The vauge ending messed me up! Have you seen Fight Club? What was Happening in that??????? The sixth sense = boring twist. I hate when pepolpe are cliche and trying to be wierd. Looking foward to a real ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(06-25-2013, 03:31 PM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: Amnesia: Rain 1.1 update. Release date will be announced later.
This version includes an alternative ending and gameplay, as well as several bug fixes and minor tweaks.

Who's the guy

How do you get past the chapel? stuck glitch or something

Let the dead eat the dead.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013, 02:30 AM by CranstonofBoston.)
08-28-2013, 02:26 AM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Cranston, huh?
Anyway, the file is uploading now. No doubt it will need to be verified afterwards though, so sorry for that.

>>>Go get it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-rain

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2013, 11:32 AM by Kiorga(x2)rd.)
08-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Find