Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Graphical problems with gecube 3870x2
CCCP Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Graphical problems with gecube 3870x2

My config is phenom 9600, 2 gb ram xp sp1 gecube 3870x2. When I run overture first time there were missing/transparent textures in first level and the game was freezing in the menu but after i patched it to 1.03 menu it was ok and `all` textures come back. But then i saw a small barrel beneath a chair that was that was dissapering and showing as I were moving close to it or turning my wiew in other directions. Then i thought ok one missing barrell isnt problem but later i ecountered other similar problems like some walls missing and stuffs like that. If i could get some tips or suggestions i would be very happy. Im from Croatia so forgive me on my poor language. And i almost forgot to tell that sometimes different textures are missing but barrel on first level is always one of them.PS my driver is newest 8.7
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2008, 11:24 PM by WhoseName.)
07-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Graphical problems with gecube 3870x2

If you have the patch and latest driver already installed, there might be some setting screwing things up or the driver might not be properly installed.

Try uninstalling the driver, rebooting and then installing the driver again. This clears settings and also makes sure that the driver is properly installed.
07-22-2008, 06:54 AM
Find
CCCP Offline

Thomas Wrote:If you have the patch and latest driver already installed, there might be some setting screwing things up or the driver might not be properly installed.

Try uninstalling the driver, rebooting and then installing the driver again. This clears settings and also makes sure that the driver is properly installed.
I tried that yesterday but it wont work. Today I watched some videos and pics of Penumbra and i saw that in my case I see some things which arent supposed to be there but then I dont see some things that should be there. For example a small barrel which I see I didnt saw at any other video or picture, and in first level under hatch I saw some strange metal or wood in air which is not supposed to be there, but the planks on the hole beyond the cupboard are missing or they are there but tunnel is transparent and I can see upper level and walls around.
07-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Try an older driver and see what happens.
07-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Find
CCCP Offline

Thomas Wrote:Try an older driver and see what happens.

I installed driver 8.4 which came with graphic card and it really works!!!!
I played first 2 levels and everything was in the right place, so I guess that everything is going to be ok now. YOU really helped me and I`m so happy that my overture works. It`s great to know that someone cares about us gamers and I really want to thank you for your help. I`m from Croatia as I said and this is second great news cause we had some war 1992/95 for independence against Serbia who attacked us and other countries in region/ especially Bosnia and yesterday Serbia police caugth Radovan Karadzic who is responsible for slaughter of 8000 Bosnian in one day in Srebrenica and 12000 people in Sarajevo, in front of UN forces who were there to keep `peace` ,he was hiding for 13 years, and now he`s going to Haag to be judged. Thank you again and Penumbra is really scary and awesome game so I hope that there will be more of them from Frictional Game studio.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2008, 10:54 PM by WhoseName.)
07-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Glad you got it working!
07-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Find