Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Static Orb Problem
Pshyched Offline

Threads: 21
Static Orb Problem

I have a problem, I am wondering if it is possible to make to make the 'Entities/Special/Orb' Entity Not static. I want to be able to move it, but I am unable to. Any way around this at all?
06-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Static Orb Problem

You can create a new entity which you can grab and move. If you see yourself unable to do this, I can do it for you Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
06-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Find
Pshyched Offline

If you could, I would be extremely grateful! Smile
06-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Here you have!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/61c59l...b_grab.zip

Installation: Decompress the .ent file to entities<special<orb
When releasing the story, make an "entity" folder, make another one called "orb_grab" and put the .ent there.

Enjoy Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2013, 08:40 PM by The chaser.)
06-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Find
Pshyched Offline

Okay, so how do I make the orb_grab.ent work with the current orb model?
06-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(06-29-2013, 08:52 PM)Pshyched Wrote: Okay, so how do I make the orb_grab.ent work with the current orb model?

What? I'm afraid I don't understand your question, Pshyched:

What I have done is another entity with different settings for the orb: The mesh and almost everything is the same, but now the orb is like a box you can grab and throw.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
06-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Find
Pshyched Offline

My apologies, I was thinking it would override the other Orb. I figured it out, thank you.

Also, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I have tried and tried, but failed to see what is wrong. I have double checked everything, but of course it does not work.

No, I am not in Developer mode.

Quote:<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">Will Add Later...</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_TutorialKey">Tutorial Door Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_TutorialKey">This opens the door to continue the Tutorial.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Tutorial_Name">Tutorial</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Tutorial_Text">Welcome Child,<br><br> You have been chosen to complete this task I have set you. You must Eliminate all traces of this Parallel Realm out of ours. The Objective is to remove the Realm Orb from the parallel realm into ours, then place it upon our pedestal to remove any fragments of the parallel realm from ours.<br><br>Although, I must warn you. What is inside that realm, is unknown. You are the only one known to be able to cross realms and not die.<br><br>Make sure you do not drop the Realm Orb, or it will relocate back into the parallel realm and cause a disturbance, which is not good. You must find ways to keep it from touching the floor.<br><br>Good luck Child.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Messages">
<Entry Name="PickUpOrb">You picked up the Realm Orb</Entry>
<Entry Name="TutorialComplete">You completed the Tutorial Level, Congratulations!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2013, 09:08 PM by Pshyched.)
06-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(06-29-2013, 08:59 PM)Pshyched Wrote: My apologies, I was thinking it would override the other Orb. I figured it out, thank you.

Also, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I have tried and tried, but failed to see what is wrong. I have double checked everything, but of course it does not work.

No, I am not in Developer mode.

Quote:<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">Will Add Later...</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_TutorialKey">Tutorial Door Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_TutorialKey">This opens the door to continue the Tutorial.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Tutorial_Name">Tutorial</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Tutorial_Text">Welcome Child,<br><br> You have been chosen to complete this task I have set you. You must Eliminate all traces of this Parallel Realm out of ours. The Objective is to remove the Realm Orb from the parallel realm into ours, then place it upon our pedestal to remove any fragments of the parallel realm from ours.<br><br>Although, I must warn you. What is inside that realm, is unknown. You are the only one known to be able to cross realms and not die.<br><br>Make sure you do not drop the Realm Orb, or it will relocate back into the parallel realm and cause a disturbance, which is not good. You must find ways to keep it from touching the floor.<br><br>Good luck Child.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Messages">
<Entry Name="PickUpOrb">You picked up the Realm Orb</Entry>
<Entry Name="TutorialComplete">You completed the Tutorial Level, Congratulations!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

I'm not sure, but I think it's [br], not <br>.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
06-29-2013, 09:22 PM
Find