Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I change the file directory without the save being deleted?
Restique Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Can I change the file directory without the save being deleted?

I've tried multiple times to see if I could change where the file save (it saves in my documents, which I go to quite frequently)
So it there any way I can do this?
Thanks!
06-30-2013, 12:36 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Can I change the file directory without the save being deleted?

What do you mean change? What do you want to do exactly?
06-30-2013, 02:36 AM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Can I change the file directory without the save being deleted?

When you start up the game, Amnesia will always check the save path leading to your documents folder as it is programmed to do so by default. If you move your profile store from the documents folder, the game should no longer be able to recognize any profiles or saves until you move it back.

You may be able to change the profile path in one of the configuration files of Amnesia. If you decide to do this, you must move your profile folders to the new location before starting the game. However I cannot guarantee that this would leave your save intact, so I advise in backing up your original config file and profile/save both before doing anything like this.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
06-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Find