Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcomer, want to mod game
Tomato Cat Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Newcomer, want to mod game

The negatives you listed are the primary aspects of the Amnesia experience.
07-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

The blur effect is made because the dude you play as is afraid of the dark, so if you get motion sick from it, that just adds to the experience. Also why the heck do you think the player has a set speed??? The monsters wouldn't have a chance catching you, especially at the water part. You're basically ruining the whole horror aspect by changing these things. And having full sanity at all times, removes a few really good scares who are triggered by the players sanity level.

But if you wan't to cheat your way through a perfectly made game, then fine I won't stop...

Also I'm running the game all maxed out always 60 fps on a gtx 660 so Yeah...

- Inactive account -
07-08-2013, 03:44 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Let the guy play it how he wants. If he wants to ruin the original experience for himself, let him. The only thing is any reviewing/judgemental ideas he has about the game are completely invalid now. I'm ASSUMING he has beaten the game already, in which case, then play with your saves to your heart's content. But if this is your first time in the story, I can't help wondering why someone would waste away money and an experience like that =\

Other than that, have fun I guess...
07-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

I can agree somewhat. The big problem I had with the game was that there were no assault rifles with incendiary rounds and no chest-high walls.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
07-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Find
Coal48 Offline

Threads: 1

I finished the game now

Relax guys, I never said the game itself is bad, it's all a question of taste, I know the things I dislike are conscious design choices by the developers and have their reasons to be

about the game running at poor fps, on my last playthrough it ran fine, no idea why it was crappy the first time I played

I already labelled the thread as 'solved' but if you guys want to comment, go ahead, I'm just saying the thread is kinda obsolete now

Just so you can get an idea of what horror games I like, my favorite game is Silent Hill 3, I also really liked afraid of monsters (half life 1 mod), dead space 1 and resident evil 2
07-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Find