Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Custom static object in blender does not transfer textures to model ed. or map ed.?
richm0nkey Offline

Threads: 9
Bug  Custom static object in blender does not transfer textures to model ed. or map ed.?

Ok, so I have a custom terrain that I made from scratch in blender and I added the textures with blender and made sure that the UV mapping was set so it could be imported into amnesia. But the textures will not show up anyways. I've looked at the blender portion of the frictional games wiki and constructed a working cube static object with textures and all I have followed all the steps and instead of applying them to a cube I applied them to my terrain but I did add a pathway using the built in texture painting tool in blender. Could that be what is causing the issue (The texture paint tool)? If so, is there a way to fix/work around the problem?

Additional details:

Tried to create a static .ent file of the .dae and created a .mat for it, saved it and attempted to open it in the map ed. but the textures are still missing even though the texture shows just fine in the model ed until I close and reopen it again.

Looked at Statyk's post in the "Read Here BEFORE posting" Thread about the textures missing and used notepad++ to look for the library images and it is looking for the right image which is located in the same folder as the .dae and is in the extension of .dds

The link is a screenshot of the pathway open in blender
http://imgur.com/ScyWvtn

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2013, 08:18 AM by richm0nkey.)
07-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Custom static object in blender does not transfer textures to model ed. or map ed.?

Did you save your texture within the amnesia folder in which you exported the model?
if not you can just click the "copy" option for textures when exporting.
07-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Find
richm0nkey Offline

RE: Custom static object in blender does not transfer textures to model ed. or map ed.?

Tried that already but I have noticed It saves the texture as a .png. Is that not compatible with amnesia?

07-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(07-07-2013, 08:42 AM)richm0nkey Wrote: Tried that already but I have noticed It saves the texture as a .png. Is that not compatible with amnesia?
as far as I know both .png,.jpg,.tga, and .dds is compatible with amnesia so the file type should be no problem.
it is however essential that your texture has a size that is a "power of 2".
rather then explaning what it is just know that you may only use these numbers in the resolutions:

combine them however you want, so it could fx be a standard 512x512, or maybe a long 256x32 or 512x1024 and so on...
07-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Texture resolutions that match powers of 2 are only required if you plan on using mipmaps.

What export settings did you have applied when exporting from Blender? And is the MAT file named the same as the PNG?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Website Find
richm0nkey Offline

(07-07-2013, 09:01 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Texture resolutions that match powers of 2 are only required if you plan on using mipmaps.

What export settings did you have applied when exporting from Blender? And is the MAT file named the same as the PNG?

I assume you mean the texture options only but i'll include all of them

Export Data Options

Apply Modifiers | Not Checked
Selection Only | Not Checked
Include Children | Not Checked
Include Shape Keys | Checked but grayed out so I cannot uncheck it

Texture Options

Only Active Uv Layer | Checked
Include UV textures | Checked
Include Material Textures | Checked
Copy | Checked

Armature Options

Deform Bones Only | Not Checked
Export for second life | Not Checked

Collada options

Triangulate | Checked
Use Object Instances | Checked
Transformation type | Drop Down menu is set to Matrix
Sort By Object Name | Not Checked

The .mat file is named the same as the .png

07-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Don't you need the normals and specs aswell or do you just need the diffuse?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Find
richm0nkey Offline

(07-07-2013, 09:46 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Don't you need the normals and specs aswell or do you just need the diffuse?

Just the diffuse

07-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2

Have you tried opening your model's mat file in material editor and then adding the diffuse texture there?

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
07-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Find