Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

FP - Alien Character Models!
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
Information  FP - Alien Character Models!

Hey guys!
So Juras' just finished the Alien character models he's been working on. They are up and ready to be bought on both turbosquid and the3dstudio. Go check it out! Even if youre not interested in buying, feedback is much appreciated!

The 3D Studio: (Cheaper)
Alien Models

Turbosquid: (More expensive)
Alien Models

To see more from Frunken Productions, go to my profile!

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2013, 06:57 PM by Wapez.)
07-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: FP - Alien Character Models!

Uh, $70 for each model in a community where everything made and released is non-profit?

[Image: signature-2.png]
07-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Streetboat is right. Moved to off-topic. The resources section is not for advertising models for purchase. Expensive ones too for no real reason.
07-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I was going to accuse you of grossly inflating the prices but it appears like the majority of the models on that site are equally expensive. Does anybody ever buy these things? On one hand if you're just making a non-commercial mod there are thousands of people who would gladly model for free (and many of them are quite talented) and on the other if you're making a commercial game and have a large enough budget to spend hundreds of dollars on models then you can also afford to hire a professional modeler, who would probably be cheaper and could create models tailored specifically toward your game's aesthetic design. Don't mean to impugn your business model or anything, I understand that you want to make money like everybody else, but this is ridiculous in my opinion. Notwithstanding the fact that I'd be reluctant to pay even $5 for stock models, the modeling work is in my opinion not particularly impressive. It certainly does not warrant such high prices.
07-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

These models aren't made specifically for amnesia, I'm sorry for posting in the wrong section. However, the price is really what people pays for those kind of models. I, too, would never pay that much for a model, but apparently there are people who does, and it's a pretty big market.

I was looking for more feedback regarding the actual models, instead of the way I'm selling them.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
07-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: I was going to accuse you of grossly inflating the prices but it appears like the majority of the models on that site are equally expensive. Does anybody ever buy these things?
I'd imagine the market is for architects who want to create a visualization on short notice and don't want to hire an artist just for one or two assets. But yes, there is a market, which is why these sites exist.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2013, 09:42 PM by Ghieri.)
07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

In my opinion, they don't seem to differ much other than proportions and anatomy (which is strange in all of them. Not a natural look to things such as their spine). And it seems like the artist threw the model into Zbrush/Mudbox and only used one brush the whole time. When it comes to quality:price, It doesn't match very well here to me. I would say $20 at most to perhaps sell it. Vary up the details and have more variety in the pack and it might be more worth such a price.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2013, 09:55 PM by Statyk.)
07-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-09-2013, 09:40 PM)Aldighieri Wrote:
Quote: I was going to accuse you of grossly inflating the prices but it appears like the majority of the models on that site are equally expensive. Does anybody ever buy these things?
I'd imagine the market is for architects who want to create a visualization on short notice and don't want to hire an artist just for one or two assets. But yes, there is a market, which is why these sites exist.

If you say so.
07-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Find