Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on W.I.P. threads
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
Question on W.I.P. threads

How do you think what is best moment to open a W.I.P. thread?

Of course it's clear it's better to open W.I.P. thread when you already do have ingame screenshots. But anyone could make tones of gorgeous screenshots while you've finished only one single map of your project and at the same time there are 10 more levels to make. So... what is best moment to open a W.I.P. thread? I hope there will be a lot of very different answers, curious to know who thinks what on W.I.P. threads. Maybe the whole point of W.I.P. threads in recruiting collaborators. No? I do not know...
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013, 05:57 PM by Alex Ros.)
07-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Question on W.I.P. threads

In my opinion, I'd wait until you were a solid 75% or so done. I've been in the horrible situation too much where I announce a project REALLY early, and it gets cancelled. Shit happens, and you never know if you may have to close a project down. I suggest waiting until you're quite far into the process. This way, you know you can and will finish it, and the people who get excited for it won't have to wait the entire time.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2013, 06:16 PM by Statyk.)
07-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

I agree on this one, I made the misstake of announcing Forgiven way to early and that didn't end well.

So yeah, wait untill you're certain you are going to release the mod.

- Inactive account -
07-13-2013, 06:22 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(07-12-2013, 06:14 PM)Statyk Wrote: In my opinion, I'd wait until you were a solid 75% or so done. I've been in the horrible situation too much where I announce a project REALLY early, and it gets cancelled. Shit happens, and you never know if you may have to close a project down. I suggest waiting until you're quite far into the process. This way, you know you can and will finish it, and the people who get excited for it won't have to wait the entire time.

I agree with this. I opened a thread for A Forgotten Memory with little progress and that project was scrapped. Well, not scrapped. Revamped.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-13-2013, 07:25 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Yeah in my latest project thread my fails was: I first started to do 24h map / mod, later on I changed my mind to make normal cs... Weeks later nope.. I just now make my first FC with my friend and here we are, it's so much better now than my first ideas. Glad I changed, but with the next project if I made I will release topic when it's about bugtesting phase and I tell people's release date etc.

Well... Now I learn from my mistakes. lol Big Grin

“Life is a game, play it”
07-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

I think people can put it whenever they want,
To announce it, but make sure to work on it often.
so update the thread often, don't make it and leave it "emptyness" on the forum.
-
On the other hand,
why should you announce anything this is like 10-20%???
I should announce something when it is around 70%+
Then people can look and see forward to the story.
Only my opinion!
07-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

(07-16-2013, 01:09 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Yeah in my latest project thread my fails was: I first started to do 24h map / mod, later on I changed my mind to make normal cs... Weeks later nope.. I just now make my first FC with my friend and here we are, it's so much better now than my first ideas. Glad I changed, but with the next project if I made I will release topic when it's about bugtesting phase and I tell people's release date etc.

Well... Now I learn from my mistakes. lol Big Grin

Wise words sir.

- Inactive account -
07-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Find