Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Yargis - Space Ship Shooter - Your Feedback Needed
plazsoft Offline

Threads: 1
Lightbulb  Yargis - Space Ship Shooter - Your Feedback Needed

We recently released Yargis on Kicksaterter and would love some feedback. What do you like best about the game and what would you like to see added?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeff...f-the-year

Attached Files
.jpg   Yargis.jpg (Size: 107.16 KB / Downloads: 132)
07-14-2013, 01:13 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Yargis - Space Ship Shooter - Your Feedback Needed

dat flashy Apophyis fractal...

In all seriousness now. The game seems interesting. But you guys should really consider hiring someone for the game's art. To me, personally, The game's visual style looks rather unappealing despite various ideas on the game are interesting non the less. For example: ship customization... Which is always a nice thing to have.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2013, 03:02 AM by Danny Boy.)
07-14-2013, 02:55 AM
Website Find
plazsoft Offline

Threads: 1

Are you talking about the Yargis.jpg image that we use on the Kickstarter page? What suggestions do you have? Do you know any good artists? We would love some help. Also, do you like the 3D models in game?
07-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(07-14-2013, 08:07 PM)plazsoft Wrote: Are you talking about the Yargis.jpg image that we use on the Kickstarter page? What suggestions do you have? Do you know any good artists? We would love some help. Also, do you like the 3D models in game?

Yeah the models looked fine. Its just the graphic style of the game itself. Your Kickstarter page included. I don't want to sound like a jerk or anything. But if I were looking around kickstarter. The image wouldn't sell the game for me because it would look like something some kids did and are trying to get some quick money in kickstarter.

I can't really give any names of game artists out there for I don't know that many.

But. There are actually a ton of "Space artists" out there who focus a lot on making space background art such as this

[Image: Space-Art-Wallpaper-1920x1080_033.jpg]

Who would be perfect for a new kickstarter page, main menu and skyboxes for the game.

If you search for an artist I bet you would find some to hire.

I hope I was useful.
07-15-2013, 01:26 AM
Website Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4

It does need some tighter art directing so stuff fits together better. Look at Faster Than Light, it is also a bit "90s" in style, but in an effective way. Gameplay looks solid, so you have the most important thing down. Smile

/////////////////////////////////////
07-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Website Find