Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help Lang file help
VillainousPotato Offline

Threads: 13
Lang file help

so my lang file is acting up again. I try to add one thing to my "journal" category and the entire thing stops working. It only starts working again once I've deleted the entire contents of that category. Its getting annoying, so can someone please help?

here is the file

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">
You are a police deputy by the name of Anthony Brecks, and dispatch has alerted you to 2 child disapearences near the old Darwin Hospital. You must go in and explore the hospital to find the 2 missing children.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport1_Name">Patient Autopsy Report: Marissa Smith Oct. 18th 1985</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport1_Text">Patient Name" Marissa J. Smith
[br] Assigned Dr: Dr Curtis
[br]Cause Of Death: Unkown
The autopsy revealed that the patient was
removed from life support for a short amount of time. This was, at first, believed to be the cause
of death. However, upon closer examination, a total of 13 small incisions made by various surgical instruments
were found on the visual cortex of the patients brain. These incisions alone wold not merit a fatal reaction, however combined with the neglectance
of life support this might have caused small ruptures in the brain due to the patients current condition. These incisions were never documented in the patients
surgery log</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport2_Name">Patient Surgury Report April 13th 1985</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport2_Text">Patient went in for bone marrow transplant. Due to the difficult procedure, Dr. Curtis was assigned to the surgury.approximately 17 min after the start
of the start of the procedure, the patient expired due to the exccessive damage done to her skeletal structure. The patients body will be held in the morgue until furthur notice.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_ClockNote_name">Clock Note</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_ClockNote_Text">Good 'Job'</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_IncidentReport1_name">Incident Report #1</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_IncidentReport1_Text">Date: Nov/15/1985[br]
Patient Name Elijah B. Engelhard[br]
Doctor Assigned: Cole M. Nickerson[br]
Notes: The patient went missing on November 7th 1985, 2 weeks before the patients estimated release time due to the patients exceptional recovery speed. He was suffering minor concussive brain damage as a result of drunk driving. The deceased body of the patient was recovered one week later stuffed into a morgue organ refrigerator with major surgical modifications to his body. These injuries are documented in the attached injury log. Police are looking for the perpetrator.
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_DamageLog_name">Damage Log</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_DamageLog_Text">• Multiple incisions are located all over the right side of the brain near the frontal lobe. this was believed to have been done with a high grade doctors scalpel.[br]
• the entire chest and abdomen was exposed due to a 2ft incision that was used to access various muscle groups in the chest cavity including the pectoralis major and minor, along with multiple digestive organs. This incision was stitched back together with hospital grade surgical thread.[br]
• The same process was used to expose the extremity muscles. These were also stitched back together with the same thread. No other internal or external modifications have been found.[br]
<Entry Name="Note_IncidentReport2_name">Incident Report #2</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_IncidentReport2_Text"></Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="LevelDoors">
<Entry Name="level_wood_1"> The door is locked.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_LevelDoor1"> Stair Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_LevelDoor1">Key to te next floor of the hospital</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

07-16-2013, 03:28 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Lang file help

What's the problem again ?
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2013, 03:49 AM by No Author.)
07-16-2013, 03:46 AM
Find
VillainousPotato Offline

(07-16-2013, 03:46 AM)No Author Wrote: What's the problem again ?
The note is empty or what ?

I added multiple entries to the "journal" Category and now nothing that's connected to the lang file works like notes, diaries,descriptions and such. the tutorial says that something is misspelled or something like that, but I've checked and cant find anything.

07-16-2013, 03:49 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4407.html

That should fix it

And is level_wood_1 the name of the door ?
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2013, 06:41 AM by No Author.)
07-16-2013, 06:28 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(07-16-2013, 03:28 AM)NightmareBrothers Wrote: <LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">
You are a police deputy by the name of Anthony Brecks, and dispatch has alerted you to 2 child disapearences near the old Darwin Hospital. You must go in and explore the hospital to find the 2 missing children.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport1_Name">Patient Autopsy Report: Marissa Smith Oct. 18th 1985</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport1_Text">Patient Name: Marissa J. Smith
[br] Assigned Dr: Dr Curtis
[br]Cause Of Death: Unkown
The autopsy revealed that the patient was
removed from life support for a short amount of time. This was, at first, believed to be the cause
of death. However, upon closer examination, a total of 13 small incisions made by various surgical instruments
were found on the visual cortex of the patients brain. These incisions alone wold not merit a fatal reaction, however combined with the neglectance
of life support this might have caused small ruptures in the brain due to the patients current condition. These incisions were never documented in the patients
surgery log</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport2_Name">Patient Surgury Report April 13th 1985</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport2_Text">Patient went in for bone marrow transplant. Due to the difficult procedure, Dr. Curtis was assigned to the surgury.approximately 17 min after the start
of the start of the procedure, the patient expired due to the exccessive damage done to her skeletal structure. The patients body will be held in the morgue until furthur notice.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_ClockNote_name">Clock Note</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_ClockNote_Text">Good 'Job'</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_IncidentReport1_name">Incident Report #1</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_IncidentReport1_Text">Date: Nov/15/1985[br]
Patient Name Elijah B. Engelhard[br]
Doctor Assigned: Cole M. Nickerson[br]
Notes: The patient went missing on November 7th 1985, 2 weeks before the patients estimated release time due to the patients exceptional recovery speed. He was suffering minor concussive brain damage as a result of drunk driving. The deceased body of the patient was recovered one week later stuffed into a morgue organ refrigerator with major surgical modifications to his body. These injuries are documented in the attached injury log. Police are looking for the perpetrator.
</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_DamageLog_name">Damage Log</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_DamageLog_Text">• Multiple incisions are located all over the right side of the brain near the frontal lobe. this was believed to have been done with a high grade doctors scalpel.[br]
• the entire chest and abdomen was exposed due to a 2ft incision that was used to access various muscle groups in the chest cavity including the pectoralis major and minor, along with multiple digestive organs. This incision was stitched back together with hospital grade surgical thread.[br]
• The same process was used to expose the extremity muscles. These were also stitched back together with the same thread. No other internal or external modifications have been found.[br]
<Entry Name="Note_IncidentReport2_name">Incident Report #2</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_IncidentReport2_Text"></Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="LevelDoors">
<Entry Name="level_wood_1"> The door is locked.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_LevelDoor1"> Stair Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_LevelDoor1">Key to te next floor of the hospital</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

Copy paste the .lang file. I think it should be fixed now.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
07-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Find
VillainousPotato Offline

(07-16-2013, 06:28 AM)No Author Wrote: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4407.html

That should fix it

And is level_wood_1 the name of the door ?

yes it is. i worked on the lang file in increments, so that's when was less experienced and i just haven't changed it yet

and also it still doesn't work, what did you change?

never mind I fixed it. I believe the problem was the format of the entry named "Damage Log". I created it in another text editor and put bullets on it, so i believe that's what was messing it up.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM by VillainousPotato.)
07-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Find