Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

If i was a god...
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
If i was a god...

So after reading the random thread and all the lucid dreaming discussion, it gave me an idea.

1. What would you do if you found out that you have the absolute control over the whole universe?

2. What would be the first thing you'd do after realising about your powers?

3. Do you think the universe would be lucky to have you as its master?

4. Also, when you found out about your powers, would you tell anyone?

Feel free to be honest about it, remember we're just humans, we are all flawed by our greed and weird desires.

As for me the first thing i'd probably do is conjure myself a pizza, followed by tons of money and then i'd go flying around because who doesnt want to fly around? Then i'd probably teleport around and cure random sick people or make poor people rich just to make me feel like a nice guy.

After a few days of screwing around i'd become a power freak and slowly start making the Earth my bitch, my weird imagination would take place and there would probably be absolute chaos on Earth. From raining soda cans instead of rain, to making mystical creatures like werewolves and vampires a reality.

So yeah, the world would not be a good place if i was in charge. First few days i'd be doing good and harmless things but after a while i'd most definetly go power-mad and make the whole world a hellish nightmare.

I wouldnt tell anyone

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2013, 11:46 AM by Nice.)
07-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: If i was a god...

1) Fiddle around with it LOL.
2) Make every planet hospitable and increase light speed.
3) Um I think not. Look at 1).
4) Nope.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

was expecting something a bit more detailed but okay Big Grin

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
07-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(07-18-2013, 11:42 AM)Dogfood Wrote: 1. What would you do if you found out that you have the absolute control over the whole universe?

Gud wuld never allow that! Heretic!

Ok seriously now... If I had such powas. I would create various alternative realities and "load" them as I please like how one loads a save file. So that I could fuck up reality in all different manners possible. On one I would cause all kinds of apocalypses. in another I reveal my self as being "God" and see how things would roll out from there.

It would be cool n' shit.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2013, 12:36 PM by Danny Boy.)
07-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Website Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

1. What would you do if you found out that you have the absolute control over the whole universe?
- I don't know what I'd do. I guess it's hard to realise that you can do anything. Like seriously ANYTHING. If you're 'god' or someone who can control everything, can you do creepy shit no one every talks and/or thinks about? Like, let's say, can you morph yourself in any object? Also, could you create stuff that doesn't exist? Like creating a new element? It doesn't exist now, so could the human mind make up with something. Even though an element has a lot of different aspects, could you make those things up?
I think it would be really hard to comprehend that, and it would take a very, very long time to do so.

2. What would be the first thing you'd do after realising about your powers?
- Look at naked chicks in the shower!
Nah, just kidding. I'd solve some problems I think make this society as messed up as it is right now. I always think everyone should be allowed to make their own decisions and no one should be allowed to dictate anyone. So let's say, if I wear bright pink pants to school, and I get bullied for it. I don't think they should be able to do that. If someone chooses to wear pink pants, it's their choice and they probably like them. (Either that, or they lost a bet) That leads to another thing I'd fix. People nowadays dress themselves the way other people want to. If some pop star wears a blue shirt with a monkey on it, I'll bet all my money there are suddenly a LOT of people wearing that shirt. Some of them like it, but others wear it because someone else wore it. I personally think that's so, so weird. I dress myself the way I like it, and not because someone else wore it.
I'll add a personal story to this: When I came out of the closet (Yes, I'm gay.) I got a lot of shit from my friends and other kids of school. I really don't understand why. Do they want to change me so I'm not gay anymore? Do they want to change my sexual interests? What would they benefit when I love girls instead of boys? It seems silly to me. They only reason I was able to cope with it was because of some great friends. I also didn't really care what everyone else said about me. When someone said "How's it going fag?", I'd just reply with "Fine, thank you." I just didn't care about what they thought of me.
I'd also change that companies no longer try to get as much profit from their product as possible. They should price the product so they get an decent profit, but nothing too much. They should be happy with the product they're delivering and not trying to get as much profit as possible from it. (Like EA for example. They made you pay for the real ending in Dead Space 3)
After fixing these things that makes this society really awkward, I'd do some cool stuff, like flying, immortality and other stuff like that.
There's also one more thing I personally would love to have. I even fantasize about when I'm bored and sometimes I dream about it. I would make my own room somewhere in space. So far away, no one can detect it. It would have the best gaming pc ever created, going along with the best internet connection on the planet. Of course, it should have it's own oxygen supply that would last forever. It would have it's own farms, cattle and everything else you need for some good food. It would have an gym, HUGE library, so big, it could contain every book on the planet. I'd be god in that place, so if I'd think of something and then it would appear.
I personally don't like people, so that would be perfect for me.
And after all that, I'd look at naked chicks in the shower..

3. Do you think the universe would be lucky to have you as its master?
This depends. I don't think there exists an god, so I don't think the universe needs an master. But if I'd need to maintain the universe, I think every god would be an good master for the universe. If you're a god, you would know everything, right? Every secret in the universe wouldn't be an secret for you. Most people don't know or understand how delicate the universe is. They don't understand we're very lucky to be even alive at this moment. If the meteor didn't hit us at the right angle, pushing the earth just a bit to the right angle to make the right conditions possible for human live, we wouldn't be here. So what would happen if you push the earth's angle back a bit? Would everything go wrong? Would you know that as a god? I think you would understand that, so you wouldn't do something like that. Maybe if you're an asshole, you'd do that to an random planet, but I don't think you would do that to earth.

4. Also, when you found out about your powers, would you tell anyone?
I don't think so. Every person has their own right to believe whatever they want. I think you'd destroy a lot of lives and/or religions when you make an appearance as a god. I'll give you an example:
I was going to visit my grandparents yesterday for dinner. They're both christian, but have their own view on the religion. When we were finished eating, and drinking a cup of coffee, we arrived to the topic 'religion'. My grandma told me: "People should have their own opinion about their religion. I visited my friend last week, and they are very religious. Because the bible says you should relax at sunday, they thought you weren't allowed to do anything. So she said to me: "Last week my son visited me, and he scared me really bad! When I woke up, I heard someone showering. So I went in an yelled at him! What does he think he's doing! Showering on a sunday!". Everyone should be allowed to think and do whatever they think is right. I also don't think there is some random guy on a cloud pointing at people like 'You should do this! And you should do that!' But I do think there's something else." A minute later she also said this: "Praying helps me calm down. Sometimes when I'm really stressed out and I need an outlet, I just sit down and pray. It's an awesome feeling you can say anything, and it calms me down because I know there is someone watching me." I think this goes for a lot of people, and you'd destroy all those things if you'd appear as a god. People like to have their own god (That's why there is so many of them) so if they see you, they might not like you. And you might take their only thing away that calms them down.
Of course, it would also fix a lot of 'religion problems', but I don't think I'd do it.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2013, 01:43 PM by OriginalUsername.)
07-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

1. Nothing.
2. Nothing.
3. Don't know.
4. Don't know.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
07-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

1) I wouldn't be a tyrant and I wouldn't be a good guy. There are no morals when you're omnipotent, since you can kill someone for looking at you funny, and then immediately bring them back to life. No consequence means no moral.
2) I would purge myself of all sexual desire, cause that shit is mad annoying.
3) Sometimes yes, and other times, holy fuck.
4) If you're God, you can't say anything without someone killing another because of some misinterpretation of your words. If people knew I was God the world would be constantly afraid. Free speech would be nonexistent. I would probably tell one or two trusted friends, and I would be kinda open about it but not to the point of revealing it without reason.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2013, 02:11 PM by failedALIAS.)
07-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I would:

Remove every possible disease.

Eliminate death.

Get people back from the dead who have died because of things they didn't cause themselves (holocaust, disease, murders, abortion, etc.)

I would remove humans who are only selfish, greedy and harmful to others and/or to the Earth, thieves, murderers, rapists, child molesters and all kinds of other useless junk.

Remove possession, so that everyone on this planet could eat, drink and live happily without constant fear.

Those came to my mind at first. But since I'm not God, I can't do anything.

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2013, 03:13 PM by Yuhaney.)
07-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Scraper sounds like he'd be a selfish god.
07-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

(07-18-2013, 02:12 PM)Scraper Wrote: I would:

Remove every possible disease.

Eliminate death.

Get people back from the dead who have died because of things they didn't cause themselves (holocaust, disease, murders etc.)

I would remove humans who are only selfish, greedy and harmful to others and/or to the Earth, thieves, murderers, rapists, child molesters and all kinds of other useless junk.

Remove possession, so that everyone on this planet could eat, drink and live happily without constant fear.

Those came to my mind at first. But since I'm not God, I can't do anything.

If you remove death than all your other things become meaningless. You don't need to drink or eat if you can't die and murderers will become extinct and thieves won't exist because no one owns anything.

Edit: Also how can you be greedy if everyone owns everything?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2013, 02:16 PM by i3670.)
07-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Find