Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

OffTopic
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
OffTopic

Yo. I have gotten inspired from a couple of other thread on some forums I use to hang around on. This thread is used to talk about todays events, or if you want to tell the forum a small thing without starting a whole new thread.

In other words, this is a topic where you talk about just everything, but with small words. Like what lunch you ate, how you liked it and so on, and see how other people appeal to it and maybe it burst out as an interesting discussion!

I can start this thread by saying that my head is about to explode after a whole-day-reading about Arrays. I'm working on a map creator for my game, and need to store a large amount of 3d objects. I think I got it working though. I'll see how it turns out when I'm actually done with this part. Wink

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
08-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7
RE: OffTopic

I'm just now starting to learn C++ coding. Arrays confuze me.

Today I found a old yoyo under my bed and tryed to use it, but then it snapped and flew off and then my guitar fell over onto the floor.
08-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Haha, the arrays look like this in the language I use : Dim coffee(5,5,5,5,5)

The way I learned it :

The first number you specify is how many dressers there are.
The second number is how many cabinets are in each dresser.
The third number is how many drawers are inside each cabinet.
The fourth number is how many boxes are inside each drawer.
The fifth number is how many mini-compartments each box has.

So an array of (5,5) represent this :

5 5 5 5 5
5 5 5 5 5
5 5 5 5 5
5 5 5 5 5
5 5 5 5 5

The upper numbers are the dressers, the numbers following them, are the cabinets. Each dresser has 5 cabinets, which means this array has 5*5 in storage capacity.(I think)

I have never used a yoyo to be honest. Too bad with the guitar, I remember when my friends guitar broke when it fell to the ground. The top flew off...Tongue

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
08-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I got my wisdom teeth, all four of them, pulled out yesterday (Saturday morning).
never again; and glad it's a one time thing. the waking up afterwards is the worse, feeling so incredibly tired, then going some time without any real food, just very soft easy food.
I'm craving a pizza with bread sticks.
08-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Find