Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What do you like more?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mainstream music
16.67%
2 16.67%
Underground music
50.00%
6 50.00%
Other music (please define this on reply)
33.33%
4 33.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Underground or Mainstream music?
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: Underground or Mainstream music?

(07-19-2013, 02:47 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Selling out is moving out of the underground scene towards mainstream for either status/money.

the confusion was because you said it to kman "Are YOU selling out?"

As far as i know, kman doesnt produce music. Oh and if he likes a couple of mainstream songs that doesnt mean he's selling out, why should you even limit yourself to underground or mainstream?

As for me, i listen to mostly underground (rap) but there are a couple of good mainstream songs aswell. For example eminem, i'm not his fan and i dont listen to his songs regulary but sometimes i do because i like his witty humour and i feel like relaxing instead of listening to sad, angry or serious songs.

If its a relaxed, sunny day and i'm in a good mood i'm sure as hell wont listen to songs that talk about world problems or anything serious.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
07-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

I suppose I do like underground stuff more. Then again I recently found Cruxshadows which can actually be found in Stores.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
07-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Mainstream, I guess. The type of genres I listen to usually do not have the phenomenon of mainstream vs underground, at least not in a manner as pronounced as in popular genres, and whatever is most famous is as a general rule of thumb the "best". I don't shun music that is unknown however and I don't use ad populum arguments to suggest that that which is best known is the best, so my answer is a sort of up-and-down "neither" in slight favor of mainstream.
07-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Find
ByT0r395 Offline

Threads: 0

If I like something I don't care about how popular it is.
My favourite genres are progressive rock and metal. It's mainly underground but there's also Prog bands those are popular enough to get to the lists like Rush, Pink Floyd, Steven Wilson, Dream Theater, Muse, Von Hertsen Brothers... The list goes on.
07-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

[Image: luv.gif]
07-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I listen to all the mainstream pop music by Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga, and I also really like rappers like Lil' Wayne. I think mainstream music contains much more substance than underground music and especially shallow classical music.

#yolo #mahsweg

[Image: p229xcq]
07-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Neither.

Videogame music for me (and sometimes movie music.)

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-19-2013, 07:38 PM)Chronocat Wrote: I listen to all the mainstream pop music by Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga, and I also really like rappers like Lil' Wayne. I think mainstream music contains much more substance than underground music and especially shallow classical music.

#yolo #mahsweg

Eh... Not le sure if serious or le sarcastic (le fry meme lol)
07-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(07-19-2013, 02:47 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Selling out is moving out of the underground scene towards mainstream for either status/money.

um or it could just be that rather trying to form some bullshit status by only listening to "underground and elite music" to appear to be some kind of all knowing music genius i just listen to whatever the fuck i think sounds good to me and don't care if it's underground or mainstream. you're being literally the exact kind of person i was ranting about a second ago jap. who gives a shit how popular an artist is, if they make music you enjoy why should it effect how you feel about them? seriously that's the stupidest most pretentious thing i've heard in a very long time

Posting Freak
07-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Website Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-19-2013, 11:11 PM)Kman Wrote:

um or it could just be that rather trying to form some bullshit status by only listening to "underground and elite music" to appear to be some kind of all knowing music genius i just listen to whatever the fuck i think sounds good to me and don't care if it's underground or mainstream. you're being literally the exact kind of person i was ranting about a second ago jap. who gives a shit how popular an artist is, if they make music you enjoy why should it effect how you feel about them? seriously that's the stupidest most pretentious thing i've heard in a very long time

Also, a band can't really control whether it's mainstream or underground and like Kman said, it shouldn't affect the music anyway.
07-20-2013, 01:11 AM
Find