Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What do you like more?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mainstream music
16.67%
2 16.67%
Underground music
50.00%
6 50.00%
Other music (please define this on reply)
33.33%
4 33.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Underground or Mainstream music?
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
Underground or Mainstream music?

Hey guys. I have a poll here. Underground/Mainstream music? Just post your own opinions on this and why you like it.

For me it's underground music, especially Punk (Punk Rock) and Rock (Alternative Rock).

Punk have a meaning in their lyrics that link to Socio-political meanings, not mindless ones. Alt Rock is a spin-off* from Punk. Although Alt Rock doesn't have a meaning, it's still pretty nice.

So, tell me your opinions. But please follow these rules.

======
RULES
======
1. You may not bash at people's choices. Everyone is have their own opinions. ===RULESUSPENDED===
2. You may not push down your choice of song to someone's throat. We all have different choices. We don't need JB songs shoved down our throat you know.
======
======

Go ahead and post!

EDIT:
*Unsure if spin-off or what

I just added that.

NOTE: THIS DISCUSSES THE GENRE THAT GOES IN EITHER MAINSTREAM/UNDERGROUND/OTHER (like Punk is in Underground), NOT POPULARITY AND OR SUCH.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2013, 09:02 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
07-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: Underground or Mainstream music?

underground rap over the mainstream

what is called "mainstream rap" right now should not even be classified as rap, it should be pop.

Most of the new "artists" just use autotune and rap about popular topics among the youth like yolo,swag, bling and getting high. DJ is non-existant, he's there just for the looks, no scratching no nothing.

Most of the underground rap songs are less popular because they're about politics, life or something that actually makes sense

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
07-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

underground music is generally better but there's still some good mainstream stuff

unfortunately a good deal of people will blindly claim all mainstream music is bad because there's a few shitty artists and cuz hiveminds but there are actually a good deal of good mainstream pop artists

Posting Freak
07-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(07-19-2013, 01:31 PM)Kman Wrote: underground music is generally better but there's still some good mainstream stuff

unfortunately a good deal of people will blindly claim all mainstream music is bad because there's a few shitty artists and cuz hiveminds but there are actually a good deal of good mainstream pop artists

Yeah. Sure there's a lot of good pop artists but it's the famous ones that's really shitty. Are you selling out?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
07-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

Is underground vs. mainstream still a thing? Oh boy...

Music being "mainstream" or "underground" (whatever the hell that even means when we've got internet now) doesn't influence whether I like a song or not.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
07-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

"are you selling out" lol what does that even mean

and no there are even famous modern pop artists who are good, for example justin timberlake's new album was an amazing pop record and i'd even call channel orange by frank ocean which came out last year a classic in the genre. like i said most people are drones and will mindlessly hate all pop since it's the general mindset that pop=shit and they want to seem like they have good taste and are cultured (and funnily enough most of those people listen to stuff that's pretty much pop too, like pop rock or alt rock which, yes, is very derivative of pop). if you actually judge each artist objectively you'd realize that there's still a great deal of talent in the pop industry

Posting Freak
07-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Website Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I don't even know what music I like, so I don't listen to music very often.

(07-19-2013, 01:49 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Are you selling out?

Also, wtf do you mean by that?
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2013, 02:17 PM by Tiger.)
07-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

also with this

(07-19-2013, 02:03 PM)Oscar House Wrote: Is underground vs. mainstream still a thing? Oh boy...

Music being "mainstream" or "underground" (whatever the hell that even means when we've got internet now) doesn't influence whether I like a song or not.

yes listening to music objectively is always good but that's not really what the threads about, chances are you either like more mainstream music or underground music better in general or you at least listen to more bands from one or the other

(07-19-2013, 02:13 PM)Tiger Wrote: I don't even know what music I like, so I don't listen to music very often.

how do you live

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2013, 02:16 PM by Kman.)
07-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Website Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I listen to underground more often. Mainstream dubstep just sucks.. i mean skrillex is good an all but ive just heard it so much i cant listen anymore T.t

07-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Selling out is moving out of the underground scene towards mainstream for either status/money.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
07-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Find