Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Screen Trigger At Certain Point In Game
patchouli Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Black Screen Trigger At Certain Point In Game

Thank you for giving your time to read this post, and help with this issue. I really appreciate it! I’m sorry for having to post. I really tried to solve this issue on my own, but cannot. It needs to be mentioned that I am filing this for my brother, because I am the computer guy in our house. Since I have not played Amnesia: TDD outside of troubleshooting, if I say something about the game that doesn’t quite sound right, please have me clarify.

Product: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (Amazon digital download {therefore already patched})

Issue:
When reaching a certain point in the game the screen goes black (no white dot). The menu IS responsive, and you can exit the game. The teeth grinding sfx continues. There is no way to get out of this black screen except for exiting through the menu. This occurs every time we get to this spot in the game. It has occurred at the same point in the game, every time, on three different profiles.

As a note, I have read all of the troubleshooting guides.
Steps taken in response to “Amnesia Troubleshooting Guide” Section C:
Updated graphics card driver, turned off post effects, reset settings & rebooted, disabled background applications, and uninstalled and reinstalled game. This version is already patched because it is a digital download (Amazon).

It is certainly one point in the game that is doing this. I found that deleting the most recent save file for the corresponding profile (docs>amnesia>main>profile name), then loading the game again gets rid of the black screen temporarily, until you reach the point where it is triggered again.

Setup:
Win7 Home Premium SP1 x64
Asus A52F Notebook, 4 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics Core i3 (I cannot find anything more than this for the version of card installed (i.e., generation). Intel recommends looking at “desktop>screen resolution>advanced settings”, but it reads the same thing. “Device Manager>Display Adapters” reads the same.

Thank you again for your help.
Patchouli

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 8.32 KB / Downloads: 83)
07-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black Screen Trigger At Certain Point In Game

1) Follow the Have Disk Method and install the latest Intel HD drivers from Intel.com
2) Update Amnesia to v1.2 using the Amazon patch from here: http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=6210
3) Go to Documents and delete the Amnesia folder.
4) Start a new game.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2013, 03:23 PM by plutomaniac.)
07-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Find