Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Level Editor
INeedForumHelp Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Help with Level Editor

Hi I'm trying to getting into creating a custom story (I'm absolute beginner, 0 experience).

I have an HP Pav dv7. 64 bit OS.
I read all the threads, and updated AMD Radeon graphics.
I have also searched similar problems and solutions.

So this is my last resort, it's honestly probably something really cheesy that I'm overlooking.

Anyways I open the LevelEditor as admin, and everything works fine as long as I stay in the window. As soon as I click anywhere outside the editor, it will crash and try to analyze system information and get stuck at 30%. And eventually it will just close. It doesn't show any error message either.

Anyways, if anyone knows how to fix this. I would appreciate it very much.
07-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Help with Level Editor

Most probably the game uses the Intel HD graphics card instead of the dedicated AMD one that the DV7 has. Check this thread on how to fix that if possible: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9942.html
07-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Find
INeedForumHelp Offline

Well since this seems easier/more organized here's a list of things I have done

1) Download and install the Map Editor pack
2) Install Intel HD graphics Card
3) Downloaded and installed AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver (version 8.830.6.2000 or later)
4) Downloaded and installed the latest HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Rebooted laptop here)
5) Changed switchable graphics mode to Fixed
6) Reboot Laptop again

The problem still persists, the first time around I actually forgot to change the switchable graphics mode to fixed, but I have now and there's been no change.
07-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

If the game is from steam, do a file integrity check. Otherwise, reinstall. If that does not work, I suggest a clean graphics card drivers reinstall. Maybe the driver is corrupted. Check question 3 here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11183.html
07-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Find
INeedForumHelp Offline

Is there a way to check if my driver is in fact corrupted before I go ahead and do a clean graphics card reinstall?
07-31-2013, 12:42 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

No really, it might be that. It might be something else. If it's not the drivers, then maybe some program in the background is causing problems. It's a system specific issue so general help is all I can offer.
07-31-2013, 12:52 AM
Find