Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What Does Your Mind Think?
FurtherGames Offline

Threads: 23
What Does Your Mind Think?

Here is a VERY short story I have written called Orange Leaves.

It has been designed/written to make the reader come up with their own story.

For example, whilst you read this story what does it make you think of? What do you think is going on inside the story? It is completely down to what your mind thinks. Some people may think the same thing, a lot of people might think different things. So after you read this VERY short story, please tell me what you think.

Orange Leaves

The leaves fell down one by one, with each step he took. Falling in such a way, it looked like the leaves were guiding him. Of course, he had been here before and he knew the way. But he liked the idea that the leaves knew where he was going but decided to help him anyway. Leo often liked to imagine things like this; it gave him comfort in the place he calls home. But it will never replace the home and the life he once had, none of the little things he imagines can do that. He will forever miss his old life, his old home. But this is his home now, and there is nothing he can do. Yet whilst others still try and fight the madness, Leo accepts his fate, that he is damned. Just like the rest.

With a cool brush of wind through his hair, he shivers and turns around, to look at the people clamouring behind him. This is their home too, and in Leo’s eyes… it’s the end.

He picks up his pace and continues down the path; on either side are trees with brown, orange and green leaves. Autumn has begun, Leo’s favourite time of year. As a leave gently flies past his face, Leo looks up to the sky. It is at this point he realises… not all is lost. There is still hope… and that his story… has only just begun.

I was actually inspired to write this story while listening to Experience by Virtuosi Italiani & Daniel Hope. You can listen to it by searching Experience - In A Time Lapse. In A Time Lapse is the album name.
08-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: What Does Your Mind Think?

Wrong section by the way.

Well for me it seems like a man who lost his family and now have peace.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Find
FurtherGames Offline

(08-02-2013, 04:15 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Wrong section by the way.

How was this the wrong section? This is general discussion, this is a discussion.

Thanks for the reply anyway.
08-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(08-02-2013, 05:14 PM)FurtherGames Wrote:
(08-02-2013, 04:15 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Wrong section by the way.

How was this the wrong section? This is general discussion, this is a discussion.

Thanks for the reply anyway.
General discussion as a sub-categori of amnesia the dark decent, in other words it is amnesia the dark decent general discussion

off-topic is for everything non-frictional games
08-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

kill it with fire!
08-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Find
FurtherGames Offline

(08-02-2013, 08:25 PM)The Mug Wrote: kill it with fire!

Kill what with fire?
08-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I start asking a lot of questions when i read this.
Who is he?
What happened?
Who are the people?
Where is he?
Where was his old home?
Etc.

No answers are given and you'll have to imagine of what tragedies you know of.

I feel like the ending is a little cliché. "His journey had just begun" - "His story had only just begun" - "It has all just begun".

It should be narrated by a middleaged man with a deep voice. I could imagine that.

If you were to make this a game, leaves should be a thing that would keep returning, but without playing a big role. Just a thing that you kept returning to. Leaves would make you feel safe. They would guide you the way, or show you were you have been. Maybe it would be called "Leaves".

Trying is the first step to success.
08-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5

Walking in a land unknown can be terrifying. But once one action becomes ordinary, it becomes familiar. And so once it's familiar, it is no longer unknown and at that point, no longer frightening. This new home becomes protective, and it makes one feel safe. And it is at that moment when hell turns into life. And hope rises out of the blackness that is was lost.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
08-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Website Find
FurtherGames Offline

(08-05-2013, 01:17 AM)FlawlessHair Wrote: I start asking a lot of questions when i read this.
Who is he?
What happened?
Who are the people?
Where is he?
Where was his old home?
Etc.

I feel like the ending is a little cliché. "His journey had just begun" - "His story had only just begun" - "It has all just begun".

It should be narrated by a middleaged man with a deep voice. I could imagine that.

If you were to make this a game, leaves should be a thing that would keep returning, but without playing a big role. Just a thing that you kept returning to. Leaves would make you feel safe. They would guide you the way, or show you were you have been. Maybe it would be called "Leaves".

The purpose of the story was to make the reader come up with their own version as to what was going on, who was the man, what was he doing there, etc. you answer the questions for yourself.

(08-05-2013, 01:17 AM)FlawlessHair Wrote: I start asking a lot of questions when i read this.
Who is he?
What happened?
Who are the people?
Where is he?
Where was his old home?
Etc.

The purpose of the story was to make the reader come up with their own version as to what was going on, who was the man, what was he doing there, etc. you answer the questions for yourself.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 09:03 AM by FurtherGames.)
08-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Find