Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
No safe place at all?
Gharren Offline

RE: No safe place at all?

(08-14-2013 09:23 AM)supernanafu Wrote:  What if the monsters are constantly hunting you and you have to hurry up and do what you gotta do?

No, I think that's a bad idea. I like to explore every corner of the areas instead of just rushing through as fast as I can - this would turn Amnesia into an action game. Horror is not just "place as much Monsters as possible". True horror wants to be placed thoughtfully and at the right moments.

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 01:20 AM by Gharren.)
08-21-2013 12:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sakonosolo Offline

RE: No safe place at all?

I like to think of Penumbra and Amnesia as fundamentally puzzle games with horror elements and settings. I probably wouldn't like it if I kept being interrupted during my puzzle time by monsters. It might work in games where you can fight back but to constantly be on the verge of dying while trying to do the other stuff in the game, and with no way to fight back wouldn't make for a very fun game I don't think.
08-21-2013 12:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)