Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Amnesia font differences between TDD and AMFP.
Slowpoke Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia font differences between TDD and AMFP.

(08-22-2013, 05:56 PM)Statyk Wrote: People actually have jobs with include the study of font or "Typology" I believe. I was taught it in a digital design class in high school and there's actually a lot more to font than one would assume... It is silly. =P

I can understand that people who have jobs like that discuss about fonts, it's their job. But I don't think anyone who has been discussing really has a typology job.
08-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4

It is called typography.

/////////////////////////////////////
08-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Ah, I was close.

While we're kind of on topic of fonts, can someone please explain to me the hatred for comic sans? Is there really something wrong with it, or do people do that thing where they simply hate it because someone else/others hate it?
08-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-23-2013, 04:19 PM)Statyk Wrote: While we're kind of on topic of fonts, can someone please explain to me the hatred for comic sans? Is there really something wrong with it, or do people do that thing where they simply hate it because someone else/others hate it?

I personally have no idea. Just seems like some sort of running gag on the internet to hate it.

EDIT: Looked it up. Turns out Comics Sans has its own page over at Know your Meme:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/comic-sans

Apparently the core of its dislike is from its silly look which is inappropriately used in serious situations. However after that core reason who knows how much of the dislike now stems from its meme status...

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2013, 04:27 PM by Kreekakon.)
08-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(08-23-2013, 04:19 PM)Statyk Wrote: Ah, I was close.

While we're kind of on topic of fonts, can someone please explain to me the hatred for comic sans? Is there really something wrong with it, or do people do that thing where they simply hate it because someone else/others hate it?

I guess the question really is - Do you like it?

I know why I don't like it, cause it was always used by staff at my school when applying messages that people would not like, I can only assume as a crude and ill-fated attempt to diffuse potential anger (in exactly the way that the picture under the 'Criticisms' section of Kreekakon's link above shows). As such it reminds me of dishonest disingenuous bullshittery.

Verdana ftw

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2013, 05:49 PM by Adrianis.)
08-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(08-23-2013, 04:19 PM)Statyk Wrote: Ah, I was close.

People complain about it because it's a light-hearted font that is often used inappropriately in business situations.

I, for one, do not give a shit. As long as I can read without developing a headache, then fuck it.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
08-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Find
mrbabbles Offline

Threads: 0

I like the new logo, the old logo seemed to give more sense of something old, wearing away, the new logo seems very industrial with this odd thing I would describe as a grind-ish feeling to it, with less curves and more sudden changes.
08-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Find