Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Post Easter Eggs! (Possible spoilers)
DrDean Offline

Threads: 7
Post Easter Eggs! (Possible spoilers)

I don't want to spoiltag my entire post, so I just added that little hint in the title. I honestly couldn't find a place for both Black Plague & Overture discussion, so any easter eggs/references you find in Overture are accepted as well.

Make sure to post your own eggs, too!

1. In Overture, you find the notes of a scientist or somebody who went nuts and got his tongue infected and had to cut it off. In Black Plague, you find a note in the kennel about a manager who also went nuts and dragged the corpse of a scientist who was missing a tongue.

2. In Overture, when you get the crowbar from the glove (Corpse?) and look at it's description, it says "Probably handy if you're trekking through the tundra. There's a name etched into the side: 'Freeman'" which is a reference to the game Half-Life's main character, Gordon Freeman, whose trademark weapon besides the gravity gun is the crowbar.
07-26-2008, 04:53 AM
Find
Paulaner Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Post Easter Eggs! (Possible spoilers)

DrDean Wrote:2. In Overture, when you get the crowbar from the glove (Corpse?) and look at it's description, it says "Probably handy if you're trekking through the tundra. There's a name etched into the side: 'Freeman'" which is a reference to the game Half-Life's main character, Gordon Freeman, whose trademark weapon besides the gravity gun is the crowbar.

In my opinion, the whole Penumbra experience has a strong influence from Black Mesa and Half-Life 1, which is a very good thing. When I talk about Penumbra with my friends I describe it as: Half-Life with puzzles and no shooting (and again, this is very good for me since I hate shooters)
Developers, can you confirm this? :-)
07-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Already Thread about this!

07-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Website Find
DrDean Offline

Threads: 7

Oh, thanks hun.
07-27-2008, 04:05 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

DrDean Wrote:1. In Overture, you find the notes of a scientist or somebody who went nuts and got his tongue infected and had to cut it off. In Black Plague, you find a note in the kennel about a manager who also went nuts and dragged the corpse of a scientist who was missing a tongue.
Is this really an Easter Egg? I always thought of it as just some kind of backstory, showing how the events in the tunnels were connected.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
08-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

yeah, lol, there are quite a few funny things in penumbra

i think its more of a clever plotoline though

Not an image
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2008, 07:06 AM by ARes88.)
08-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Find