Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radeon HD 6800 Graphics Issue
CHONCO Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Radeon HD 6800 Graphics Issue

Ok this could be super simple. Read the guides and noticed that the GPU incompatibility chart listed the Radeon X600 - is that the same as the HD 6800 series? If so, my card is clearly not compatible with this game.

If this is not the case my drivers are up to date and attached is the hpl file

Thanks in advance, sorry if someone solved this elsewhere I have searched and tried several options to no avail.

Windows 7 32 bit
AMD 3.4 GHz
4 GB RAM
Radeon HD 6800

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 16.86 KB / Downloads: 120)
08-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Radeon HD 6800 Graphics Issue

No, no. Completely different architecture. Your card is current, x600 is very old. Don't worry! Smile

Btw, if the game is from steam do a file integrity check as mentioned at the troubleshooting guide. Otherwise, reinstall. Your saves will remain at Documents. There seem to be file corruptions mentioned at the log, that's why.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 10:27 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Find
CHONCO Offline

Cool, thanks for quick response.

The game is from steam. Did integrity check, no good - still super choppy. Reinstalling now. Any other ideas?

*edit* will update after install
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 10:39 AM by CHONCO.)
08-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

First make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers installed by AMD website.

Then check Problem J of the troubleshooting guide and this time do a local content deletion. Afterwards, another integrity check. If that does not solve it, start a new game if you are at the begginig. Otherwise load an earlier save game which was done before entering the current area.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 10:44 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Find
CHONCO Offline

Ok, after the last content check I deleted local data, then reinstalled. While it was reinstalling I visited the AMD site again and reinstalled drivers to be sure. Before launch I verified local data again.

Upon launch had the same issue. Super low frame rate, extremely choppy. I tried to play for a minute to see if the conditions would improve, but the game is just unplayable. I know my system can handle it, there just has to be some incompatibility that is not yet being addressed.

I'm uploading my hpl file again in the event that something has changed.

Thank you for your continued help

*edit* verified local data/content = integrity check

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 18.88 KB / Downloads: 112)
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 11:16 AM by CHONCO.)
08-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Could be a conflict with a setting in the control panel for the graphics card, you can try and fiddle a bit with them. Possibly linked to vsync, catalyst a.i, anti-aliasing or optimizations. As much as possible make sure it has Use application settings ticked. It could also be that you have put some graphics setting on really high, like SSAO on high and with 32x samples, which is very demanding and does not really improve the looks much compared to medium and 8x sampels.
08-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Website Find
CHONCO Offline

(08-20-2013, 02:42 PM)jens Wrote: Could be a conflict with a setting in the control panel for the graphics card, you can try and fiddle a bit with them. Possibly linked to vsync, catalyst a.i, anti-aliasing or optimizations. As much as possible make sure it has Use application settings ticked. It could also be that you have put some graphics setting on really high, like SSAO on high and with 32x samples, which is very demanding and does not really improve the looks much compared to medium and 8x sampels.

Its not the in game graphics settings. I turned everything down to lowest detail and same problem. I set things to medium settings with SSAO off and 8x samples. Same issue.

I fooled around with Catalyst AI. Everything is set to application. I did enable OpenGL triple buffering which allowed the cursor to move somewhat less choppy in the game menu. The game was also slightly less choppy when looking around. However the game still really isn't playable as nothing is smooth. Interactions are difficult and movement is severely hampered.

I wouldn't loose any sleep over this y'all. I got the game off humble bundle so I have no problem chalking this loss up to charity. Such a shame though, looks like a great game. I'd recommend it to anyone. Thanks for giving my problem some attention.
08-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

1) Follow Question 3 to do a clean reinstall of your AMD drivers.

2) After the clean reinstallation, open the Catalyst Control Panel and Reset to Factory Defaults.

3a) Go to Documents and delete the folder Amnesia.
3b) Go to C:\Users\--YOUR-USER-NAME--\AppData\Local\ and rename the folder VirtualStore to VirtualStore_TEST.

4) Open Steam and Verify Local Data of Amnesia.

5) Run Amnesia and start a New Game.

Note: All steps are important, please follow them! Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2013, 11:46 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Find