Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Riukka
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
Riukka

[Image: riukka_carrousel_image.jpg]

Riukka release Friday 23

Videos
Spoiler below!

Download
moddb.com

Story
Spoiler below!

I want players to meet the story while playing.
But basically it's about a girl that travels inside books to steal artifacts.

Its end and everything it's already written.
And I think you're gonna like it.

Updates
Spoiler below!

The game contains transitions to the episodes that i didn't create yet.
I'm adding 5 more episodes (Uploading as i finish them)
Each episode contains 3~5 maps.
All depends on the players approval of the mod.

Content
Spoiler below!

Most of the models and stuff were created (or retextured) by me.
You can take and use anything you want.
Things not owned by me have their own folder. Like Rapture's.
I guess you gotta ask them to use them.

Code is clean and tidy, easy to follow and understand.
Take anything you want.
I may create some wiki entries with some stuff you may like.

Credits
Spoiler below!

Rapture
He did the library pillars, its center, floor and some others i couldn't include yet. A cellphone too. And some new stuff he's working on.

Nackidno
For his models: Whiskey bottle, glass and lamp ceiling, chair, Elbox.

Bridge
His music for the game menu.

Kiandra
She made a draw of Riukka for the inventory.

MrBigzy
I'm using his Grunt's ragdoll.

Static
For his skybox i'm using at Riukka's home.

Give it a try and tell me what you think.

08-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Riukka

Oh I have to give a change to this one, looks cool, but not Amnesia stylish, still I'm gonna play it now Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2013, 10:51 PM by HumiliatioN.)
08-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Find
Area 72 Offline

Threads: 1

I will try it because it was released on my birthday.
08-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I played it a little and was impressed with the general set-up. The plot is quite intriguing and the mechanics you have for entering the different areas is quite clever. I also thought you made some excellent choices when it came to the music that plays in-game. IMO though the jumpscares are entirely pointless and just annoyed me and it's not clear at all what you're supposed to do. I got stuck quite quickly trying to search for an item to place in the purple beam or whatever. It would help to display a short message in one form or another telling you what the general goal is, especially when the puzzles are weird like they are here.
08-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

(08-25-2013, 07:23 PM)Bridge Wrote: I played it a little and was impressed with the general set-up. The plot is quite intriguing and the mechanics you have for entering the different areas is quite clever. I also thought you made some excellent choices when it came to the music that plays in-game. IMO though the jumpscares are entirely pointless and just annoyed me and it's not clear at all what you're supposed to do. I got stuck quite quickly trying to search for an item to place in the purple beam or whatever. It would help to display a short message in one form or another telling you what the general goal is, especially when the puzzles are weird like they are here.
You're absolutely right.
And since we're in the development section i'm kinda asking for an advice on this matter to you and any other developer around:

Thing is; most of the players don't read. Not you, of course. Generally.
They skip every note, every sign, clues. Almost everything that is written information. And then they complain about not knowing what's the mod about or what's his goal.

So you start removing text, finding alternate ways to communicate with the player, like decals, symbols, events.

And i still can't find the balance between those.
In this case, the stone door puzzle is a little too hard to figure out, the player is supposed to touch the objects to get the information.
But as we can see, was not enough.

So the question is, what's the best approach to inform the player how a given puzzle may be solved?

pd: The machine vision it's just a peek at the last level.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 11:52 PM by Daemian.)
08-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(08-25-2013, 11:48 PM)Amn Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 07:23 PM)Bridge Wrote: I played it a little and was impressed with the general set-up. The plot is quite intriguing and the mechanics you have for entering the different areas is quite clever. I also thought you made some excellent choices when it came to the music that plays in-game. IMO though the jumpscares are entirely pointless and just annoyed me and it's not clear at all what you're supposed to do. I got stuck quite quickly trying to search for an item to place in the purple beam or whatever. It would help to display a short message in one form or another telling you what the general goal is, especially when the puzzles are weird like they are here.
You're absolutely right.
And since we're in the development section i'm kinda asking for an advice on this matter to you and any other developer around:

Thing is; most of the players don't read. Not you, of course. Generally.
They skip every note, every sign, clues. Almost everything that is written information. And then they complain about not knowing what's the mod about or what's his goal.

So you start removing text, finding alternate ways to communicate with the player, like decals, symbols, events.

And i still can't find the balance between those.
In this case, the stone door puzzle is a little too hard to figure out, the player is supposed to touch the objects to get the information.
But as we can see, was not enough.

So the question is, what's the best approach to inform the player how a given puzzle may be solved?

pd: The machine vision it's just a peek at the last level.

In my opinion we should add more "Texts like what player is wondering and thinking "Maybe I should do that to progress here" so player's won't miss what they must do, just for little hints.
If that doesn't work then well.. someones are completely retards and not using brain at all.

I played Riukka from start to finish and I really didn't get stuck long time anywhere it was fun to explore everything and jump like a monkey everywhere and just going crazy with the new tecnique elements. Tongue

“Life is a game, play it”
08-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Find
Shadowokuu66 Offline

Threads: 0

I must say I really love this Mod!I played Down the rabbit hole a few months ago and Dtrh was already great...but this is just fantastic!It's something new,like a new game itself.Because of the beautiful atmosphere,I forgot which game I played and the jumpscares got me even harder Tongue !The boss fight was epic,the music was brilliant and I liked all this new stuff very much!
But there is one problem:The last challenge from the challenge book is impossible(at least for me...)!

Warning:SPOILER!

In the 10 challenges book,the "lantern" is just a normal lantern.You can't use it to jump higher or do all this other stuff like in the tutorial or the quest book.I don't know if this just happens to me but could you pls help me? :/

Otherwhise,GREAT Job on this mod and I am looking forward to new books! Big Grin

And I just registered today and so I don't know how to mark this as spoiler!I hope you can forgive me! Sad
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 06:41 PM by Shadowokuu66.)
08-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

I see, thank you Humi. I suppose that's the most friendly way to inform the player what to do.

HAha, Shadowokuu66. Welcome. How nice to hear that, and it's your first post, ty.
I'm afraid your lantern issue it's a bug of some sort, i'd suggest you go back to the library level and then return to the challenges map. That should solve your problem, the sphere boost has the same code in every level and should work properly on every map.

08-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Find
Shadowokuu66 Offline

Threads: 0

I had to load an old save but now everything is okay.The first 9 challlenges aren't that hard if you know how to do them.However,the last challenge still is hard,even though I know how I could do it...Anyways,thank you for the quick reply!
08-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Find