Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs on Consoles? No!
mrbabbles Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs for the Wii U ????

Im posting this reply on a 1920 x 1080 tv hooked up to my computer with sub woofers and a surround sound setup, point is, you can use a tv as your monitor, aslong as you have a really good computer.
08-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7
Any chance of a console release?

The title says it all, really. I've got Amnesia A Machine for Pigs for Mac, but my Mac is rather old and doesn't run it all that well. It's playable, but only just.

So that got me to wondering whether there might possibly be any plans for releasing this game for consoles? Perhaps next-generation consoles like PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

I remember people asking about a console release of the original Amnesia game, but one of the objections to this seemed to be that the game wouldn't suit console controls.

However, when I started playing Amnesia A Machine for Pigs, I noticed that the hints that explain the controls, also list the buttons from an Xbox 360 controller - presumably for use by people using controllers with their PC.

Since this game is clearly playable using a controller, it got me wondering whether a console version would be feasible. I'm planning on getting a PS4 and I noticed that TheChineseRoom are porting one of their games for PS4. So, I was wondering whether this might be possible with Amnesia A Machine for Pigs - or even the original game, for that matter.

I'd love to play this game on consoles such as PlayStation 4 - especially since my computer isn't really up to the task. Surely there must be other people in my position.

Wow - what a mansion!
09-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Any chance of a console release?

There currently isn't a console version planned, and is highly unlikely:

AMFP Info Portal Wrote:Jens Nilsson stated during a May 2012 interview that it is "highly unlikely":

Jens Nilsson Wrote:We like and try to do everything ourselves and getting Amnesia onto consoles would be too much work for us at the moment. But possibly our future games will come to consoles.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 04:35 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Find
Doomed316 Offline

Threads: 3

Some guy on the steam forums plastered some stuff saying how it is coming to ps4. Not sure where he got his information from.
09-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

Well, the vibe I'm getting on here is that a console version is unlikely, so I can't imagine how somebody on Steam would know any better. Much as I'd wish it were true.

I'm not going to lie - I'd give my left nut to play this on PlayStation 4! Just finished it, and although my computer could barely run it, I still really enjoyed it.

Wow - what a mansion!
09-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Find