Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Attack On Titan
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
Attack On Titan

There's been like super duper hype on this show but i found it a little disapointing.
it's still better than the earlier hypetitiles like ahem ahem SAO, though.

What do you think? Does it really deserve it's hype and praise? Or this show really
overrated? Imo Yes.
08-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Attack On Titan

I actually love that show to death. There's been ups, and downs in the series, but as a whole I think it's something really extraordinary. I already made a post detailing my thoughts in the anime thread so copy-pasta:

(08-15-2013, 03:56 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Well seeing as this thread is sorta back I'll throw my two cents in here about my new favorite anime (In recent times):

Attack on Titan:

It is a amazingly mature series, and does not try to pull any "moe anime~~" shenanigans, with the entire series having a premise of battling man-eating Titans by in actuality being carried by its superb characters, and their interactions.

The characters in this show are written so well, and relatable that it scares me. Plenty of times I've looked at certain characters reactions to certain things, and realized that's exactly how I'd feel if I was in that situation. More than a few times I've actually felt EXACTLY like how the characters were feeling. Nailing that sort of characterization, and development is not easy, and I applaud Attack on titan massively for it.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(08-27-2013, 07:08 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: I actually love that show to death. There's been ups, and downs in the series, but as a whole I think it's something really extraordinary. I already made a post detailing my thoughts in the anime thread so copy-pasta:

(08-15-2013, 03:56 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Well seeing as this thread is sorta back I'll throw my two cents in here about my new favorite anime (In recent times):

Attack on Titan:

It is a amazingly mature series, and does not try to pull any "moe anime~~" shenanigans, with the entire series having a premise of battling man-eating Titans by in actuality being carried by its superb characters, and their interactions.

The characters in this show are written so well, and relatable that it scares me. Plenty of times I've looked at certain characters reactions to certain things, and realized that's exactly how I'd feel if I was in that situation. More than a few times I've actually felt EXACTLY like how the characters were feeling. Nailing that sort of characterization, and development is not easy, and I applaud Attack on titan massively for it.

I really didn't got it so much, in my opinion: The action scenes were good
and art were pretty unique also, but still i don't find the characters so likable. They don't show anything unique for me.
08-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Well, maybe it's just me, but I personally felt a relateable feel, and connection of understanding many of the character's reactions to certain things like no ever show, or even media I had ever experienced ever. That was how ridiculous it was for me.

Image by BandyGrass
08-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(08-27-2013, 11:38 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Well, maybe it's just me, but I personally felt a relateable feel, and connection of understanding many of the character's reactions to certain things like no ever show, or even media I had ever experienced ever. That was how ridiculous it was for me.

Yeah, the despderate feel was incredebly well implemented, i have
heard/read many positive thigs about those. And felt the same way.
But overall there was no character i felt emotionally attached to.
08-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(08-27-2013, 12:00 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: Yeah, the despderate feel was incredebly well implemented, i have

I wouldn't really say I was emotionally attached to any character. I was just saying that amount that I could relate to characters reacting to events happening is IMO very realistic, and hits home, because in some situations how the characters describe how they feel is exactly how I've felt in some real life situations.

Swap out a couple different aspects, and they might very well have been writing a biography on my life during that specific happening.

Image by BandyGrass
08-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(08-27-2013, 12:57 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(08-27-2013, 12:00 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: Yeah, the despderate feel was incredebly well implemented, i have

I wouldn't really say I was emotionally attached to any character. I was just saying that amount that I could relate to characters reacting to events happening is IMO very realistic, and hits home, because in some situations how the characters describe how they feel is exactly how I've felt in some real life situations.

Swap out a couple different aspects, and they might very well have been writing a biography on my life during that specific happening.
And that makes this show over those other uber duber hyped titles.
Finally something more reasonable to watch, but still this show is too overrated, it shows some flaws, i would give it 8/10 (current opinion, the show hasnt ended yet)for it's realism and good visuals.
08-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(08-27-2013, 01:19 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: And that makes this show over those other uber duber hyped titles.
Finally something more reasonable to watch, but still this show is too overrated, it shows some flaws, i would give it 8/10 (current opinion, the show hasnt ended yet)for it's realism and good visuals.

Well...realistic character interactions mostly (Save a couple of exaggerations here and there). Nothing else about the show has any business being realistic, and requires complete suspension of disbelief lol

Image by BandyGrass
08-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(08-27-2013, 01:46 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(08-27-2013, 01:19 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: And that makes this show over those other uber duber hyped titles.

Well...realistic character interactions mostly (Save a couple of exaggerations here and there). Nothing else about the show has any business being realistic, and requires complete suspension of disbelief lol

yeah i forgot to add realism in characters.
08-27-2013, 03:07 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

From the creators of Death Note, one of my favorite animes, i couldn't pass Shingeki no Kyojin up. I've been watching it pretty much since it came out, and holy smokes... They do not go easy on brutality. I find the show to be incredible and one of the animes i can't wait to see the next episode. The only thing disappointing about it for me is how each episode feels so short, as if they're trying to stretch a couple of chapters across 20 minutes.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 05:19 PM by Your Computer.)
08-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Website Find